Best puffer

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Seaponygirl
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States of America

Best puffer

Post by Seaponygirl »

OK, let's not get into a fight, but a need a few opinions. I am not a newbie to saltwater, just puffers.I have a FOWLR 75 gal with 20gal sump. I plan to keep a butterfly, dwarf angel, blennie, dwarf lion and a file fish for aptasia. What I would like to add would be a puffer. I want a small kind, around 6" at maturity. The main request is one packed with personality. Unfortunately every fish is an individual but who would my best chances rest on. All positive suggestions would be appreciated or warnings on companion fish as well. Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Best puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

I would be very concerned about the flowing fins of the lion, especially since it's very sedentary.The only species I'd even consider trying, would be the from the sharpnosed family. Even then...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Seaponygirl
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States of America

Post by Seaponygirl »

Thanks, lion could out grow puffer and create a problem, forgot that fact. Why do so many people seem to have green spotted puffers?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Because they are the most commonly-sold puffer out there. Even Walmart carries them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"