The Most Value For Money Vitamins?

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
FishFood16
Puffer Fry
Location (country): England

The Most Value For Money Vitamins?

Post by FishFood16 »

I haven't bought any yet so I Can't make a reference, but I would be interested to know how many drops you need to add to the food for the particular one you use. Cheers.
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Re: The Most Value For Money Vitamins?

Post by Iliveinazoo »

I just buy the only one that my LFS sells and squeeze enough out to coat the food, then leave it to marinate for a bit.
FishFood16
Puffer Fry

Post by FishFood16 »

Which one do you buy and how long does it last?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I use Vita-Chem & keep it in the fridge.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
FishFood16
Puffer Fry

Post by FishFood16 »

Pufferpunk wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:11 pm I use Vita-Chem & keep it in the fridge.
Ok but how much do you use, does it tell you how much to use or do you just squeeze however much you want on?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I just add a few drops & mix it into the food & let it soak in for an hour.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

PuffTheMagicDragon17
Puffer Fry
Scarborough

Post by PuffTheMagicDragon17 »

Shame I thought this would be a hot topic. I've noticed that this site isn't very active and its aloof at times like now, so puffers must be very niche. Anyway I'm certainly interested and could do with the info. I can't be any help here since I haven't bought any vitamins sorry.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

What more do you need to know than what I already posted?

PuffTheMagicDragon17
Puffer Fry
Scarborough

Post by PuffTheMagicDragon17 »

Well read the thread title and then read the answers giving, and you will see there isn't much value in them. Maybe FishFood16 didn't articulate himself well enough in following it up but what I think people should post is how much bang for your buck you are getting? Like how often you need to buy new vitamins, every 6 months, a year?
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Iliveinazoo »

You appear to have a bee in your bonnet Puffthemagicdragon? I offered the only info. I could give, i buy the only vitamin that my local shop sells - I don't know the name (the text has faded) but I'm pretty sure that it changes near enough every time I go in to get a new bottle, I don't know how much it costs but it's fairly cheap and I buy yearly-Ish even if i haven't ran out because I have assumed that is what the shelf life is.
My vitamin bottle lasts a long time, the bottle's not very big, I don't religously do it daily and my tank has housed a Figure 8 on its own for years up until recently, I guess that someone with a Fahaka Puffer or a community tank would go through vitamins quicker.

PP gave a brand name that she is happy with and has settled on so most likely, in her opinion, that is the best value for money?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

To get the best bang for your buck, keep it in the refrigerator or it looses it's potency.

eieio
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by eieio »

PuffTheMagicDragon17 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:47 pm Shame I thought this would be a hot topic. I've noticed that this site isn't very active and its aloof at times like now, so puffers must be very niche. Anyway I'm certainly interested and could do with the info. I can't be any help here since I haven't bought any vitamins sorry.
............oh, so we're inactive and aloof are we?
and of course, it's because puffers are very niche.
think about your comment: "Like how often you need to buy new vitamins, every 6 months, a year?"
are you addressing this questions to someone with 3 dwarf puffers, or 200 gallon tank full of fish?
it pays to be more specific
have you done a "google" search on "tropical fish vitamins?
guess not, well here's a link for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=tropica ... mins#spf=1
all of these sites will have a description of their products, product instructions, and plenty of customer reviews
...........do some research, broaden your scope
or maybe you're just a little too needy :shock:
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
FishFood16
Puffer Fry

Post by FishFood16 »

eieio wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am
Dang! Someone took afence. Tbf @PuffTheMagicDragon has a point, this site is pretty dead, you can't honestly say that this site is buzzing with new threads and replys. That's why I stopped visiting this site because there wouldn't be any new threads or worse not even a new reply for days. Now I come back and there's a little beef going on :yikes: but Puffs probably never showing his face around here again after being owned.
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Iliveinazoo »

It's great to see posts from new members, and obviously the more, the merrier but I can't get my head around why someone would go to the trouble of registering and then slag everyone off within the first couple of posts. I'm not suprised that offence was taken because name-calling doesn't tend to warm the cockles.

If you like puffers then stick around, all are free to add their input to the forum - you can ask questions, answer questions, post pictures and/or do tank journals. All would be welcome (as long as its fish related and not just a tirade at how rubbish everything is :o )
eieio
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by eieio »

FishFood16 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm
eieio wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am
Dang! Someone took afence. Tbf @PuffTheMagicDragon has a point, this site is pretty dead, you can't honestly say that this site is buzzing with new threads and replys. That's why I stopped visiting this site because there wouldn't be any new threads or worse not even a new reply for days. Now I come back and there's a little beef going on :yikes: but Puffs probably never showing his face around here again after being owned.
No "afence" taken, really, but it's tough to not show some contempt for those (especially "noobs") who have no concept of how many of us have been here for such a long time with respectively high post counts and contributions to our fellow hobbyists.
And, yes, puffers are quite niche.
Comparatively, puffer owners are probably quite rare in the wide tropical fish spectrum.
As Iliveinazoo mentioned, the more the merrier.
We at The Puffer Forum share a lot of accurate info with each other that simply can't be found elsewhere.
However, if you're here as a "flyby" with nothing to contribute other than your own "neediness", that's another matter.
You're welcome to hang out here, but not welcome to, as Iliveinazoo said, "slag off" the other members.
Show some respect. :roll:
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"