Maybe some good news finally!!

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
shaner
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSP's, 1 IDP, 1 Fahaka
Location (country): Wisconsin,USA

Maybe some good news finally!!

Post by shaner »

So First and Foremost i have to give a shout out to Joe "The Fish Guy" at Hoffers Tropical pets in Milwaukee, Wi. I had sent an email asking if they had puffers via their website and as in the past when doing that with other companies i never heard anything back, well not only did i get and email back, he sent condolence for the loss of Achmed, made a reference to Jeff Dunham from whom i got the name for the fahaka and promised me he would call his source personally to try and find me another Fahaka puffer and to boot a Mekong Puffer which i think are very cool to...he may be able to have one of each for me by next weekend but obviously cant promise it...way cool....so looks like i am going to get another tank for the Mekong.....how cool is that....two awesome puffers...and all the snails and crunchy foods they can eat....

meanwhile, i have put "Spot" my African leaf fish / climbing perch / not sure how many more names he has into the 180 to keep a bacteria colony kinda going, really not sure how i am going to get him out, he is like "holy crap, big ocean....must hide in corner..." i am sure i will end up falling into said tank trying to get him when the time comes to put him back in the other tank he came from....

but awesome news finally, i just was not wanting any other fish besides a cool puffer...i looked hundreds of other fish, via online at my LFS and just nothing tripped my trigger like the puffer have...so crossing my fingers.... :mwave:
Too many tanks, not enough room, maybe i should just flood the basement!!
Terrance
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
Location (country): USA

Re: Maybe some good news finally!!

Post by Terrance »

I love a good puffer hunt. A "mekong" puffer usually turns out to be a turgidus puffer in my area.
Kind regards,
Terrance
Infinity8
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: GSP- Burd
???- Tiberius the Tugboat
F8- Bonk
Potato Puffer- TBD, arriving 12/1
Location (country): United States

Post by Infinity8 »

How exciting!! :D Keep us updated!
shaner
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSP's, 1 IDP, 1 Fahaka
Location (country): Wisconsin,USA

Post by shaner »

so finally my fish guy in green bay called me this morning....Fahaka's are available....woo hoo...said he would call his source to make sure they are good specimans and will order on up for me, i can pick him up on monday....freaking awesome........will post pics....

should be about 2-3 inches when i get him, they are so cute that young big ole eyes.....cant wait, merry Christmas shaner....
Too many tanks, not enough room, maybe i should just flood the basement!!
GSP32
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Post by GSP32 »

Congrats... I have a 2-3 inch Fahaka right now and he is super cute :) It's great to see them grow!!