How many of TPF members have bought from an online source?

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): usa

How many of TPF members have bought from an online source?

Post by CoCoPuffs »

And how was that experience?
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Re: How many of TPF members have bought from an online source?

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Are you talking about puffers, or about fish supplies in general?
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
briguy44
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSPs
Location (country): Idaho, USA

Post by briguy44 »

100% of the livestock in my reef tank has been purchased online. Fish, corals, and rock. I have never had a fish or coral be dead on arrival or die within a month after shipment. I usually order from bluezooaquatics.com since they have always had excellent customer service and the healthiest livestock I have experienced. Also I have ordered from and been pleased with petsolutions.com, liveaquaria.com, and reefs2go.com
"THIS PURPLE BELT IS NOT A TOY, THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE OFFICE SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE I CAN PHYSICALLY DOMINATE THEM"
-- DWIGHT SCHRUTE
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by CoCoPuffs »

LilGreenPuffer wrote:Are you talking about puffers, or about fish supplies in general?
Specifically, puffers. But I'd like to be aware of any reliable sources.
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by CoCoPuffs »

briguy44 wrote:100% of the livestock in my reef tank has been purchased online. Fish, corals, and rock. I have never had a fish or coral be dead on arrival or die within a month after shipment. I usually order from bluezooaquatics.com since they have always had excellent customer service and the healthiest livestock I have experienced. Also I have ordered from and been pleased with petsolutions.com, liveaquaria.com, and reefs2go.com
I'll definitely check those out. Thanks for the reply.
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos
Red eye red tailed puffer
Location (country): Bristol , UK

Post by Puffer King »

fish get shipped all over the globe , so ordering online is no big deal as long as where your buying from has lots of positive feedback .
Only thing I don't like when ordering a fish that way is the fact you can't pick one out .......but i've never had a D.O.A , so far touch wood
'Rare do Tom agree in the rated room with the retard moo ! '
Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

I've bought healthy livestock from Ebay, PlantedTank.net's classifieds subforum, and other fish forums. If a seller has a good rating, you're probably in the clear. Lots of people also LOVE DrsFosterSmith.com's LiveAquaria site.
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I buy almost everything dry now, from Amazon. Bought my red miurus from Toyin, in TX & couldn't have been happier. Won a show goldfish in an auction & I love the fellow!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by CoCoPuffs »

Ya, I love ebay. Never bid on a fish, though. Seems all they have is koi, and I don't own a chinese restaurant...
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

this was a strictly GF auction, not Ebay.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

I have never bought fish on-line, nor for that matter most supplies. But I have a very good independent LFS with whom I have dealt for over 35 years. They do special orders for me regularly and routinely. Many folks do not have such resources locally available.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!

Post by Dadof4 »

I would be hesitant to buy on e-bay. I live in the middle of nowhere's back backwoods so all my live stock have come from Drs. Foster and Smith's Liveaquaira.com except two puffers, one was as shipped from a private owner in PA and the other I happened across in the LFS and he didn't even know it was a puffer...I've had fish both shipped and picked fish up from DFS without issue, one DOA but that was one I really should have went to pick up anyway. Bluezooaquatics.com has a good reputation for livestock. Dry goods I buy from whichever of the big name companies is cheaper (easier to get free shipping) mainly DFS and then I drive to go get it.
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by CoCoPuffs »

I haven't had any luck finding a freshwater puffer online, every site I've visited has them out of stock.
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

CoCoPuffs wrote:I haven't had any luck finding a freshwater puffer online, every site I've visited has them out of stock.
What freshwater puffer are you looking for?
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by CoCoPuffs »

Nuclear_Glitter wrote:
CoCoPuffs wrote:I haven't had any luck finding a freshwater puffer online, every site I've visited has them out of stock.
What freshwater puffer are you looking for?
I've narrowed it down to 3 or 4. Dragon, avocado, congo, any that get 6''+. I know avocado's only attain 4ish but the coloration speaks to me. Greens were huge in the 70's......