To you, what makes puffers irresistable?

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
MrHumphries
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Re: To you, what makes puffers irresistable?

Post by MrHumphries »

Pufferpunk wrote:Samson who? You got him already?

tomorrow at 10 AM.. I was talking future tense :)

Don
kilofey
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: **PUFFERS
2 Dwarf puffers, but I had an 11" fahaka that I miss soo much!

**OTHER FISH
betta, black oscallaris clown, orange oscallaris clown, purple firefish, blue spotted goby, coral beauty angelfish

**NON-AQUATIC PETS
Chihuahua, springer spaniel/dachund mix, and a barn cat
Location (country): California

Post by kilofey »

what is samson? the fahaka you were considering?.... i think that was you anyway
"everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
-Albert Einstein
MrHumphries
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by MrHumphries »

kilofey wrote:what is samson? the fahaka you were considering?.... i think that was you anyway
Yep, he will be here tomorrow mourning 10 AM. courtecy of darkstorm. packed him up and sent him to me.. :)

Don
mrgreen
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 dwarf puffer: Squirt
2 figure 8s: Escalator & Elevator
Location (country): United States

Post by mrgreen »

I know Filbert is sensitive about it, but I think he looks really great with his colored gravel!
"Puffs puff cuz they're puffs cuz they puff cuz they're puffs. - Nathan age 12
kilofey
Fahaka Puffer

**OTHER FISH
betta, black oscallaris clown, orange oscallaris clown, purple firefish, blue spotted goby, coral beauty angelfish

**NON-AQUATIC PETS

Post by kilofey »

awe congrats! it he a baby? i must have missed the thread you were talking about him on.... anyway, youll have LOADS of fun with him i think.... theyre so entertaining and comical
"everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
-Albert Einstein
MrHumphries
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by MrHumphries »

kilofey wrote:awe congrats! it he a baby? i must have missed the thread you were talking about him on.... anyway, youll have LOADS of fun with him i think.... theyre so entertaining and comical
yep hes a baby, and I am very sure I will have a blast with him :) Can't wait for him to get here, less then 10 hours till he gets here :)

Don
Jivenjune
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: (2) GSPs in a 60 gallon.
Location (country): California.

Post by Jivenjune »

Their obesity.
kilofey
Fahaka Puffer

**OTHER FISH

**NON-AQUATIC PETS

Post by kilofey »

i never got to see Kukah as a baby :( i wish i could have raised him from a juvie.... i saved him from these terrible people that were selling him on craigslist.... at the time he was about 8" in a grimy 30gal tall :shock: it looked like they hadnt changed his water in ages.... the only thing he had going for him is that his teeth werent overgrown.... and the only reason for that is because they only fed him crab. thats it. nothing else (so much for a varried diet). so his teeth were very short due to all the shells he got.... i dont know if there is a limit to where the teeth are too short... but i almost NEVER see his teeth. i only get a quick glimpse of them when i give him something with a shell.... dont even really see them when he yawns... i hope they arent too short :(

well congrats! i bet you'll give him a great life :)

PS- samson is an awesome name! if i ever get another fahaka, i want to name him Cairo, because they come from the nile river, and the nile runs through cairo, egypt :) i thought of the name after i named Kukah, i would have named him cairo had i thought of it prior
-Albert Einstein
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB

Post by pufferpuggirl »

That's why I'm glad that Obie is just small, I will get to see him grow, and he will know me from being a baby, which means we will get to bond over such a long time. They really are fantastic little puffers. I remember, before I got Obie, people saying how Fahakas were so different from other puffers and I never understood, but now that I have one, well I completely understand now. As much as I love BeeBoo, little Obie is so much different from him even. They do have that "something special", that's for sure. :D

Oh, and I'm Suzanne, and yes, I am VERY addicted to my puffers, and I don't care what anyone thinks! :lol:
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
MrHumphries
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by MrHumphries »

LOL Suzanne....you go girl, :)

Kilofey - I am so happy he is a baby, and he will be totally spoiled, I am going out later today to get some diff food stuffs to try, but for now I have blood worms and planton tp try. and lots of snails LOL!

Don
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB

Post by pufferpuggirl »

MrHumphries wrote:LOL Suzanne....you go girl, :)

Kilofey - I am so happy he is a baby, and he will be totally spoiled, I am going out later today to get some diff food stuffs to try, but for now I have blood worms and planton tp try. and lots of snails LOL!

Don

Thanks Don :D

You should get some earthworms Don, my little Obie just loves having a go at the worm. I've tried offering him other food, but I think one of the reasons my puffers love the earthworms so much is due to their movement. Some of the worms really twist about quite frantically, and that's before they've been bitten even! Even as small as Obie is, he can eat one whole worm quite easily and has been doing a very good job of eating most of the 2nd worm too! :)
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
kilofey
Fahaka Puffer

**OTHER FISH

**NON-AQUATIC PETS

Post by kilofey »

if you buy him frozen krill, you will instantly have a friend for life ;) but not too much as they can get kind of addicted to it and refuse other foods.... thats how much they like it but its good as a treat
-Albert Einstein
Flutter
Former Staff Member

Post by Flutter »

How big are the frozen krill? There's so many frozen foods available but I haven't bought any because I don't know how large the critters are. I don't want to buy something and have it too small for the puffers.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
MrHumphries
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by MrHumphries »

kilofey wrote:if you buy him frozen krill, you will instantly have a friend for life ;) but not too much as they can get kind of addicted to it and refuse other foods.... thats how much they like it but its good as a treat

Suzanne-I have thought of the EWs, i will give it a shot,

Kilofey-I did see krill at petsmart today, but it was 20 bucks :P wife said thats a bit much for just a treat :), for now :)

Don
kilofey
Fahaka Puffer

**OTHER FISH

**NON-AQUATIC PETS

Post by kilofey »

:shock: that. is. insaine. i got mine at my lfs for like 5 bucks... was it frozen krill in a flat package? thats crazy they tried selling it for that much... u shure you were lookin at the right price tag?
-Albert Einstein