How to not feed puffers lol!

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
lilacamy931
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 200 litre - waiting for a schoutedeni
Location (country): UK

How to not feed puffers lol!

Post by lilacamy931 »

Well this morning I learnt how not to feed puffers and did some proper ones so you can see how quickly their bellies bulge :)

Step One - Do not feed fingers

Step Two - Get them mesmerized!

Step Three - Feed no fingers and watch bellies grow!

bigfatfish
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: GSP "Puffy" RIP old friend 1999-2009
GSPs "Flash" & "Lionel" - in a 55 UK Gallon Bow front Marine Tank with sump.
Location (country): United Kingdom

Re: How to not feed puffers lol!

Post by bigfatfish »

Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
lilacamy931
Fahaka Puffer

Post by lilacamy931 »

Grrrrr lol. It was a hard nip!
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB

Post by pufferpuggirl »

I'm sorry Amy, but that first video where you get bitten made me laugh! I just knew what was going to happen, and when you screamed and dropped the shrimp, that's all it took! Thanks for a good laugh! :lol:
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

:ROFL: :ROFL2: @ first video. Bahahahaha!!! Thank you!!!
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
lilacamy931
Fahaka Puffer

Post by lilacamy931 »

Oh Man! least cheered peeps ;) I do NOT find it funny my pride is sooo injured.
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Seriously, that just about made my day!
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

I AM A DUDETTE!

LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member

RIP James Bond.

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Oh, by the way, the tank looks great. :D

I AM A DUDETTE!

Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!

Post by Dadof4 »

Been there, those little guys have some SHARP teeth! I need to comment on the shrimp though, are those precooked? They should be raw so you don't lose any nutrients....
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
Lil' Swimz$
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Lorteti - Peaches
Location (country): USA

Post by Lil' Swimz$ »

:happydance: :ROFL2: :giggle: Okay, that first video is huliarious. I had my sound on full blast so I could hear the filter.. you scared the crap out of me!!
Ha ha, he he! DAncE whEn yoU're HAPpppy! He he he! DAnce, danCE, DANCe!
lilacamy931
Fahaka Puffer

Post by lilacamy931 »

LOL my loud yelp probably did not help either. Dadof4 yep just thawed no cooking ;)
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!

Post by Dadof4 »

lilacamy931 wrote:LOL my loud yelp probably did not help either. Dadof4 yep just thawed no cooking ;)
Check the packaging, they look orangeish/pinkish and usually don't obtain that color unless they were cooked. If you're buying them in a bulk bag or from the freezer section of the supermarket the packaging company may cook them before freezing so they have a longer shelf life. Most raw shrimp are opaque and gray.
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
lilacamy931
Fahaka Puffer

Post by lilacamy931 »

AH! That is actually good to know as I do not eat any fish or aquatic life! Thanks for telling me, I tend to avoid fish at all costs except for the live ones ;) Will ensure to get some super fresh locally.

One thing will ask when looking at threads, a lot of people soak in vitamins and garlic. What vitamins are these as dont think seen locally and may need to order online and the garlic know it is to help make food tasty for puffs to try but also good source of vitamins naturally anyways? Can I soak the prawns I have at all while get fresh ones?
coldmachineUK
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 2x T. biocellatus
1x C. asellus

Post by coldmachineUK »

Oh, that made me laugh! I watched without the sound and thought "oh surely there's a scream in there somewhere" and turned the sound back on; I wasn't disappointed! :lol:
Seachem sells a garlic liquid which can be used to soak food, and the 'vitamins' that people talk about are most likely to be Vitamin C (or VC in short).
Did our staff successfully help you? The Puffer Forum is an incredible resource and is run completely on the donations of its viewers. Proceeds from the Puffer Forum store go towards future contests and keeping the site running. We also welcome donations!

36G: FW Planted | 53G: Brackish (F8 Puffers) | 58G: Freshwater Community (Unusual/Rare Loaches)
Interesting stock: S. mahnerti, S. vinciguerrae, S. sp. "crimson", V. maassi, N. masyai, M. guentheri, T. biocellatus, C. asellus.
Dadof4
Tech Team

Post by Dadof4 »

Heh, I'm probably gonna get filleted for saying this but, I'd continue to feed what you have while you freeze (quarantine) some fresh stuff for a few weeks. When I buy food for my GSP I cut the fresh shrimp in to serving size pieces and then freeze. Mussels are great too, scrape most of the meat off the shell and divide it in to servings, freeze on a flat plate and freeze the shell. You can drop the shell in and they scrape their teeth on it trying to get the meat off it and by freezing on a plate you can take individual servings off without thawing it all.

I use Selcon Marine for a vitamin supplement for my GSP and Vita Chem Freshwater for my Turgdis and Suvatti.