New Humpback Puffer

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Kiaan26
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Johannesburg, South Africa

New Humpback Puffer

Post by Kiaan26 »

Hello everyone. So I have gotten my first larger puffer, a humpback puffer named Chungus. He was brought into my lps in May 2019 and I used to take care of him at the shop for 2 months before I got him in September 2019. I never really noticed his waste and he used to eat live feeders such as snails and deformed fish that came into the shop. Since taking him I have gotten him reluctantly to accept frozen lance fish. I have noticed that his waste is the same pale white as the lance fish and come out as spheres. They are like capsules white poop and fish bones inside. I worried because i don't know if its parasites, the new diet or is it normal. The only puffers that I have personally kept before him, were pea puffers. And I have looked after fahakas, gsps, f8s, humpbacks and mekong river puffers at the shop. I haven't seen this happen to them. Any information would be appreciated.
SAPpyPuffer
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Three Amazon puffers (Colomesus asellus):
Huey
Dewey
& Louie

Dwarf Puffer
Location (country): United States

Re: New Humpback Puffer

Post by SAPpyPuffer »

Might be parasites. Even if you aren't sure, you should still treat it, just to be on the safe side!
“Can I speak to your chef, please? This is the worst tasting fugu I’ve ever ha—oh...”
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: New Humpback Puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

his waste is the same pale white as the lance fish and come out as spheres. They are like capsules white poop and fish bones inside.
What goes in, must come out!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"