Raw Diet

Tell us about your other furry, winged or scaley friends!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Raw Diet

Post by Pufferpunk »

Wheat makes Kal throw up. I think he's allergic. He barfs a lot.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

Pufferpunk wrote:Wheat makes Kal throw up. I think he's allergic. He barfs a lot.
Wheat corn and white rice are the 3 main food allergies for dogs. As long as your dog food doesn't contain these or by products, it should, key word being should, be a decent food. I feed my dogs Nature's Variety. They used to be on Evo or Innova (used to be made by same people, just different formulas) until Proctor and Gamble bought out the American company that made Innova, California Natuaral and Evo. As P&G also make cheap dog food, with those allergens in it as well as by products, I refuse to buy those foods anymore because they are produced in the same factories as the cheap a$$ stuff, meanings that you get trace amounts of the bad stuff on the good dog food. NTY. I pay alot for my dog food, but my dogs are happy and healthy and have no allergies.
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Kal used to eat Innova for a long time but he's been on Solid gold for the past couple of years.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

Pufferpunk wrote:Kal used to eat Innova for a long time but he's been on Solid gold for the past couple of years.

I have heard really good things about them. It's just super duper hard to find here, even at Petfood Express. I looked into it, and liked it, ended up going with Nature's Variety based on availability and a Doberman Pinscher show breeder that I know in Austrailia. Dobies are known for their skin issues LoL, and she said on NV, she had never had a problem. Love both foods though, and know they both come highly recommended.
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3