Takifugu Ocellatus up for adoption.

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Inka
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Takifugu Ocellatus up for adoption.

Post by Inka »

Hi folks. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!

So back in June I saved this little Takifugu Ocellatus (orange saddleback puffer) from a LFS that recommended I keep it in freshwater... forever. It was the first time I had ever seen that kind of puffer and after doing some research and finding out that they are born and caught in freshwater but will eventually migrate back out to brackish then salt, I decided to set up an emergency tank and adopt her. It's been two months now and she is getting big. She's grown about an inch and is now at 2 inches. Being the ravenous carnivore that she is, she'll get bigger quick lol. I currently have her in a 20H by herself and was living with a zebra danio before I started the conversion (current salinity is at .012). It has unfortunately gotten to the point where I have to think about finding her a new and good home. She was unplanned and I don't have the space to fit a bigger tank where I live currently. I would prefer not to take her to a (reputable) LFS just yet but instead see if a fellow responsible fish keeper can give her a good home. She will need to be in a tank with a long footprint because she is a very active swimmer and skittish sometimes. She's currently in brackish and can be converted to full salt now or as she gets bigger (preferably sooner). Takifugus prefer cooler temps high 60s, low 70s so a tank with no heater, in a cool room would be ideal. So that being said, if anyone is interested in adopting this little girl, let me know. She is not a boring fish and you'll have fun feeding her! I live in North Jersey (]Metlife stadium) about 15 minutes from Manhattan in case someone is close enough for a pick up. 🐡

I'll post pictures once I get home.

Inka.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Takifugu Ocellatus up for adoption.

Post by Pufferpunk »

She also will need a chiller:library/puffers-in-focus/takifuguocellatus/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"