FS: preorder C. Lorteti puffers

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

FS: preorder C. Lorteti puffers

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

I am in the works of getting 135 Carinotetraodon Lorteti imported. Before I undertake this daunting task I need to make sure I can find homes for the 132 that will remain after I keep mine.

This is purely for the hobbiests...as I am not charging one cent more then I paid (am paying) for these fish... I'm reselling because the only way I can get a few for myself is to get a 135pc box from a wholesaler willing to work with me!

My goal is to bring some Lortetis back into the hobby, but I can not house that many fish for long in a healthy manner- so before I move forward I need to know I can get these babies into homes quicIy. I am paying for all this out of pocket, and it's mind blowing how expensive it is when your paying for trans shippers, all the nesisary documents for import, packaging, the actual cost of the fish, per lb cost of final packaged product- that I still have to pickup myself at SeaTac Airport! I thought it would round out just below $1,500. W-R-O-N-G! It's amazing this industry makes any money at all on livestock... the fish themselvs are inexpensive, it's getting them here that costs the crazy coin! For retailers, the per fish revenue once they are sold is minuscule, a few cents to a few dollars on most freshwater! But I'm not looking for a profit, just the chance to finally procure my "Holey Grail (puffer) Fish"!

Once (or if) I get enough interest, then I just email the order form back and prepay (I have already filled out their papers and gotten an approval back to make this order through them, after I verified these puffers are currently avail). So imho, from now until the puffer's swimming in your aquarium-2 months. To be on the safe side. If your seriously interested please reply to this thread with: # of fish you'd want, with city and state you live/would be shipping to.

Thanks!
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
lobowind
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Tetraodon schoutedeni
Also kept:
Carinotetraodon salivator
Carinotetraodon travancoricus
Location (country): USA

Re: FS: preorder C. Lorteti puffers

Post by lobowind »

It would be helpful if you could post what you will charge per fish and what you will charge for shipping.
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

That's why I'm asking for areas. I have a lot of research I'm still doing. I have no clue what shipping costs at each hub (usps fedex ups etc). With the pricing I'm facing at the moment from overseas, it's between $15-20$ a fish, which should cover my packaging cost too. I won't be usuing a box charge, just the price of fish plus min shipping to wherever you live. I am in Washington state- so keep that distance in mind. Plus, with the lack of availability in the entire U.S. I wanted to check interest before going this way as I could MUCH more cheaply and easily sell the other 132 to a retailer or other local seller in one transaction and avoid all the individual packaging and shipping. But I thought I would try and do my part to give others a chance to get one of these rare beauties...since searching for these fish have been such a big part of my life.
Mike16T
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by Mike16T »

Thats a nice price for those.. Mind telling us where you sourced it? =)
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

A wholesaler named Mister Aqua, in Thailand. I believe the same people who make the 12 long nano rimless tanks, or used to aNYWaY.

The price is cheap because I'm not marking up for profit like all other sellers. I just want them homed, healthy and safe. I fear these beauties may be out of the hobby infinitely and wanted to help do my part. The whole thing is rather intimidating, and I'm surprised at the small response I have got back, so I may not even do it :(. I'm really disappointed.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

These are extremely aggressive fish that need to be kept as singleton with no tank mates. I had a female kill off all 3 males, even after spawning with one of them! How many people do you think would devote a tank for a SINGLE fish? Takes a special pufferperson to appreciate these unique fish.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Mike16T
Puffer Fry

Post by Mike16T »

You might want to post it to another Forum also like monsterfish.com, etc..

Since you're from Seattle, post it to http://www.wafishbox.com/forums/ if you're a member there too.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

:/ I'd kinda want one but shipping is probably ridiculous
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Mike16T
Puffer Fry

Post by Mike16T »

hadla wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am :/ I'd kinda want one but shipping is probably ridiculous
Shipping will cost more than the fish but shouldn't be too bad for a rare puffer. I paid extra $27 for shipping for my Spotted Congo Puffer and that's only a state right beside where I live.
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

Yeah and it's only being shipped from a state above me... but overnight is probably a lot. Will look into it later
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

I've only shipped puffers once to someone on here and if I remember right, it was over $200! I've never received fish or anything other than insects through the mail
Mike16T
Puffer Fry

Post by Mike16T »

$200 for shipping? LOL!! Did they put the fish on the crate for shipping? Wow... The extra $27 I paid for puffer is for overnight shipping..
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

PufferPunk- I feel so stupid having not thought about this restriction before you brought it up... I suppose since my passion runs so deep for the red eye Carinotetraodon's I assumed everyone else must feel the same! Thank you for bringing up this very valid point!

As far as I have seen, shipping is nothing short of atrocious. Recently I have been looking into a shipment from Ny to Wa (cross country) for a single 2" fish- and the rates are: fedex $100+, ups 80$+, and usps $55 (for estimates of 3 lbs weight). Definitely costs more then the fish, but those rates are for overnight from coast to coast. So I would imagine shipping anywhere closer should be (at least a little) less expensive.

For me, this puffer has been a dream for a long time, and my devotion to my fish has been called ludicrous, amongst others. After this long I see that I will not come into this fish surreptitiously, and will have to make my own luck- hence the wholesaler route. I will put feelers out in other places and hopefully stirr up enough interest.
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

Mike16T wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:22 pm $200 for shipping? LOL!! Did they put the fish on the crate for shipping? Wow... The extra $27 I paid for puffer is for overnight shipping..
No it was the weight I think. 3 turgidus each in their own bag :/
hadla
Mbu Puffer

Post by hadla »

Keeping my fingers crossed! I want one in the future so let me know =)