FS: preorder C. Lorteti puffers

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Smitty23
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Fahaka
Spotted Congo
Location (country): United States

Re: FS: preorder C. Lorteti puffers

Post by Smitty23 »

I'd the one pm me
1 fahaka
1 spotted Congo
ISO Cross River Puffer Tetraodon Pustulatus!!!!!!! Please help!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Pretty sure this deal fell through.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

As an update, yes PP is correct in the fact that this deal is not active.

The exporter was very forthcoming and seemed pretty straight, considering my desperation and the opportunity to take me to the washers. When we went to set up docs to get them into SeaTac airport I got an email telling me that they didn't have enough to fulfill my order (the minimum-of 1 box of 135 puffs), he didn't want to rip me off and send me the few he had (bc the cost is not in the livestock, but in plane rides and documents to get them into the country. So if you spend 10$ on 3 fish, but have to spend $900 getting them here... there's no way for him to offset that cost for me) he believed strongly they would not survive the trip (as he then mentioned the high mortality rate of shipping these specific puffers). He promised me as soon as he got enough (very likely June-Aug) that he would give me a 15% markdown for my patience, and would make it my order, if only one were able to be filled (smooth talker, like my x boyfriend...).

I promise you guys, if I find any of the Irrubescos or Lortetis, I will buy every one and will come straight here... but two years of VERY aggressive hunting DAILY, and offering stupid amounts of money ($200 for a single fish) to anyone who may have one at home, has yielded many many close calls but still they remain elusive.

Hey PufferPunk, how long have you seen a puffer out of the hobby? Besides forever,lol e.g. The schoutedeni, weren't they out of USA for 30 years before showing back up in the hobby as of late...?
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Yes, it has been a good 30 years, since the schoutedeni has been seen in the US. Red Congos have been a quite rare find & usually very $$$.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"