WTB: Tetraodon Colomessus (South American Puffer)

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Phreeflow
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Space

WTB: Tetraodon Colomessus (South American Puffer)

Post by Phreeflow »

Been looking for a group of South American Puffers, or Bumblebee Puffers. I used to see them every for like $8/each. Now that actually want some, I can't seem to find them anywhere except for auction sites at $15-$25 or more, that's when they're available. Looking to get a group of 10 or more. Please let me know if you have any for sale
HenryPuffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States of America

Re: WTB: Tetraodon Colomessus (South American Puffer)

Post by HenryPuffer »

Be ready to treat them for multiple diseases if you get them. Just got some and they got ick after one day
Phreeflow
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Space

Post by Phreeflow »

I just got some as well and treated them for internal worms (just in case) and after a week, I'm starting to see ich as well. :shock: They eat well but are different than any other puffers I've had. Rather than hovering place to place, they zoom around the tank constantly like some avocado puffers I've had in the past. They act more like nervous danios than the curious, bug eyed bumblebees I was hoping for. We will see as they settle in. Good luck treating yours for Ich and let me know how yours behave
HenryPuffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States of America

Post by HenryPuffer »

Sorry that I just got too you. I had to give mine away after they killed my favorite fish. Started off with 3 and one succumbed to ich. The other 2 lived but got into fights with my fish and were nothing like my figure 8s. I was disappointed with them.
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

I have found a few places:I know liveaquaria.com had a group of 6 in their wysiwyg freshwater divers den... also at azgardens.com, oddballfish.com, gunpowderaquatics.com I also found this amazing Canadian site with beautiful puffer specimens, however shipping to the states is very expensive (just in case you want to look: aquariumillusions.com) and I have more sites if you would like me to give you them. The asellus' are starting to pop up all over, this must be the sap fishing season. Only thing I can say is a large quantity are pictured (for sale) with slightly, all the way to obtusely, overgrown teeth (verry common for saps) so be prepared with some ms-222 or pure clove oil for sedation, and some cuticle trimmers, bc if you're purchasing 10 puffs it's guaranteed at LEAST 1-2 will need a dental trimming!
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

Also forgot to add, petsolutions.com has had the sap's for the longest on their site- so they may have large quantities!
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown