Fahaka Puffer for sale/trade.

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
shooterKD
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka Puffer, "Hawk"
Location (country): Canada

Fahaka Puffer for sale/trade.

Post by shooterKD »

First of all, I'm located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. So this is for Canadians in my area, not interested in shipping.

Looking to rehome my roughly 7" Fahaka puffer. Very healthy, aggressive and active. Feeds on ramshorn snails, marbled crays, clams, worms, other snails, the odd guppy and frozen raw seafood mix. My only reason for selling him is we just moved into a smaller apartment and I won't be able to upgrade his tank as planned/needed.

Also looking to package a 2 tier metal stand with a 15 gallon snail breeding tank and 20 gallon crayfish breeding tank. Details and pics can be sent as requested.

Looking for best offer right now and willing to trade for planted driftwood, community fish and/or cherry shrimp.
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): USA

Re: Fahaka Puffer for sale/trade.

Post by Welch4 »

Unforutanly not in you area but I'd love to hear about your crayfish breeding tank. Was unaware that was possible in a home setup.
Forget other advice about puffers you don't hear here - Pufferpunk
shooterKD
Puffer Fry

Post by shooterKD »

Right now, its only a 20 gallon. Plan was to convert my 65 gallon to the main crayfish breeding tank. Very simple setup of tank, lid, light, heater, sponge filter, some driftwood and cut lengths of pvc tubes for "caves". As the marbled crays are self cloning, they're all females and every month or 2 they become " berried" and give birth. The crays are very easy to feed. Eating any fish food, flake, pellet, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, plus some live plants like cabomba. Right now I have 3 adult breeders and about a dozen babies. I always raise up a few of the babies to breeding size and feed my Fahaka a variety along with his snails and everything else. I've never lost a cray to predation. Just keep them well fed and allow many hiding places.
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Welch4 »

Do they need a subtracted to bury in? I have a spare 29 gal kicking around this sounds like a great idea.
shooterKD
Puffer Fry

Post by shooterKD »

Gravel can help give the tiny babies places to hide if overcrowding is an issue. But if you just use a bunch of pbv tubing stacked like mini crayfish hotels, as well as driftwood and hiding spots, then I've found it easier to keep a bare bottom tank. You can see the babies easier when syphoning during water changes.
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Welch4 »

Sorry to have hijacked your thread about this. I have been doing tons or research on marbled crays and have been pulling supplies together. I may be closing down my dp tank to replace it with a cray breeder.