Baby Ceylon Puffers on Ebay

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Re: Baby Ceylon Puffers on Ebay

Post by JRC3 »

Pufferpunk wrote::(
Was this not sent out for overnight delivery?
They ship Priority Mail so it took 2 days. But I think it sat around packaged even longer.

Originally when I checked USPS.com with Priority for shipping times to and from our locations it showed next day.

Also aren't there oxygen tablets used for shipping that turns the water sorta blue? I would've thought those would've been used. IDK
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

There should be. I would never have a puffer shipped 2 day & then why in the world would the send on a
Friday? I only have GF shipped 2 day, as they can handle the cooler water.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

Pufferpunk wrote:There should be. I would never have a puffer shipped 2 day & then why in the world would the send on a
Friday? I only have GF shipped 2 day, as they can handle the cooler water.
I don't think it was actually shipped but the USPS lable was generated on Fri. But I do think the fish was dropped off on Sat or Sun only to sit around til Monday. Their listing says they don't refund shipping but I don't think I got proper shipping. I don't think I'll have them send another fish. I may also complain to Ebay about the shipping...Even if I don't get refunded maybe it will make the seller realize you can't let a fish sit at the post office until Monday. It's not really about the money.

Even on Monday after the post office "recieved" it it sat around for 16 hours. It should've been taken In the afternoon on Monday.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I agree 1000%!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Yes complain as that's just plain animal cruelty
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Infinity8
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: GSP- Burd
???- Tiberius the Tugboat
F8- Bonk
Potato Puffer- TBD, arriving 12/1
Location (country): United States

Post by Infinity8 »

Poor little thing :( Sorry for your loss!
Queen Lucy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Pennsylvania USA

Post by Queen Lucy »

Oh JRC3 I am so sorry about your little Ceylon! I could just cry. I don't know why he arrived so late-mine traveled farther and was OK. Yes I would complain also. That was terrible thing to happen. I took a big chance ordering at this time of year; weather, before Christmas etc. but if it was not safe to ship they should have notified you you and held the shipment. Too bad that people aren't more concerned about living creatures. Again, I am very sorry and sad I was praying the puffer would make it to your home safely
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

Queen Lucy wrote:Oh JRC3 I am so sorry about your little Ceylon! I could just cry. I don't know why he arrived so late-mine traveled farther and was OK. Yes I would complain also. That was terrible thing to happen. I took a big chance ordering at this time of year; weather, before Christmas etc....
I went to contact the seller first thing Monday morning about delaying shipping but I saw it at the PO at 4:19am. Nothing I could do at that point.

My mailman knocked on my door to give me the package even though it wasn't labled "live"...I tried to revive the fish to quickly acclimate it and run filter out flow in to it's mouth with no luck. The fish still felt really soft and I was hopefull hoping it was sorta dazed.

Dead: He looked really health with only mild tail fin nips.

...I'm tempted to try some dentistry on it as I can see it's teeth. This might come in handy down the raod. He's bagged in the freezer now. IDK
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that.
Yes, It has shipped out on Last Saturday 12/07 and got delay by the overload shipping Post Office ( Normally the package delivery on Monday/Tuesday )
2 days late ......
Anyway, Thank you for the Pictures , I will resend you the fish after the Holiday .

Thank you
Sam

OMG!!!

"Saturday" I was right. The words I want to use right now would get me banned. You don't ship a live animal near a weekend, let alone the actual weekend! *@#!!!!

*edit*

You cannot believe the words out loud from my mouth right now. This could not be less acceptable.
GSP32
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Post by GSP32 »

Did you talk to the guy, did he apologize? Was he the one that admitted to Saturday or the post office... this guy sells a lot of fish... You would think that people would start selling fish out of being in the hobby, I think that usually that is how it starts... get into the hobby, hobby gets out of hand, open a store hehe. How does he either not know what he's doing... or not care at all about this little creature :( Sorry for your loss :(
Queen Lucy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Pennsylvania USA

Post by Queen Lucy »

If you decide to get another Ceylon shipped to you, could he do the Priority Overnight shipping?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I would absolutely insist on overnight shipping--on HIS dime!

JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)

Post by JRC3 »

GSP32 wrote:Did you talk to the guy, did he apologize? Was he the one that admitted to Saturday or the post office...
Yeah, the quote in my previous post was his emailed reply.

We'll see what happens...If I have him send another fish. Either way it won't be til after the holidays.

My rant is over. LOL
G S P Freak
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Figure Eight Puffers, Binks (29G)
Dwarf puffers, named "He-Puffer" (male) and She-puffer (female) (10g)
Non-puffer:
1 Red-eared slider, Tortuga (female)(100g)
1 rubber lip pleco
Location (country): USA, Indiana

Post by G S P Freak »

I deal a lot on ebay, don't threaten, but politely mention that you will leave "appropriate" feedback (if things don't work out how you want, or just because of sheer negligence on his part...)
Negative feedback kills some sellers on ebay, so its your best bet. Some care about the small amount of money they gain, but most will care about feedbakc because too many negatives can cause loss in sales/increased ebay fees.
If all fails, file a "item not as described" case if things get nasty. They will refund your price PLUS your shipping. So you get all your money back. I know money isn't whats important here, but I thought this might help you.
HTH

Really sad to hear what happened, no wonder shipping was cheap, 2 day is barely acceptable... and most certainly not acceptable if shipped on saturday. I feel like the seller has to be a complete moron not to know that anything live should not be shipped on/near weekends.

BTW people sicken me. A fish dies in shipping and it's just an semi-expected expendable loss. If a puppy was shipped and died in transit, it would be animal cruelty. I mean two different animals, but still animals right? I don't see how the fish dying is any more acceptable. I won't say I've never inadvertantly killed a fish (or other pet), but I always did whatever was within my ability to make sure the animal was taken care of. I do this with all my animals; I believe if you are confident enough to adopt an animal or take it from its' home and into your care, you better be damn ready to take care of it. Well off I'm stepping off my soapbox now. :soapbox:
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
-John Ruskin-
"I have to laugh when people call fish-keeping a hobby, if anything, it's a science... and for some, an obsession." - Me
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

:( rip little puff. at least the shipping wasn't that much if it doesn't get refunded, $15 right? I'd see if he could send you another one and him pay for it... And ship it on Monday or Tuesday or something. Sorry for your loss :(

From the auction listing:

In the event of that the fish is dead-on-arrival (D.O.A). 2 Clear pictures must be taken with the deceased fish in the original shipping fish bag unopened and emailed to us immediately within in 4 hours after arrival and we will replace of any DOA fish.

Hm... They should pay shipping for another puff... If not, I'd open a PayPal dispute
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR