Free Bird and tank

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
Blinkey
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 1x Green spotted pufferfish
Location (country): New Zealand

Free Bird and tank

Post by Blinkey »

Hey,
Here are some images showing my new green spotted pufferfish named Free Bird, and his/her marine tank. Free Bird was successfully drip acclimated over 12 hrs from 1.008 sg (at lfs) to 1.023 sg. He/she took it really well and was very active from the moment of entering the tank, no sulking what-so-ever :lol: .

The tank itself contains about 132 L (35 USgal) after compensating for water displacement from substrate and rockwork etc. The liverock was originally dry rock that was cooked and (fishless) cycled for a period of 4 months. The HOB skimmer is a Bubble Magus Q3 (300 lph) and does serious work on producing quite dark skimmate. Water is circulated using two powerheads, including a Fluval CP2 (will likely get a 2nd later and replace the aquaone) and Aquaone Maxi power head 101.
Free Bird started eating from the 2nd day of introduction and has been eating well since. No signs of IPs and a nice roundish belly is often seen. Regardless, I will be administering separate treatments of Praziquantel and Levamisole as a precautionary measure.

"Life, uh, finds a way"
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Free Bird and tank

Post by Pufferpunk »

:)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"