My 3 dwarf pea puffers living peacefully in a community tank

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
Boku88
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Figure 8 Puffers, Green Spotted Puffers and Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Malaysia

Re: My 3 dwarf pea puffers living peacefully in a community

Post by Boku88 »

WOW 75 gallons? Or 75 Litres...but that may be why your puffballs are not attacking anything. Do you happen to have any fish that are like way way larger than your puffers...may explain why they are so docile.
The next time you visit a LFS exert caution when you approach the pufferfish tank, those puffballs will skilfully convince you to take them home with you.
mislaura
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Betty Bob and Bertha 3 dwarf pea puffers in a community tank of many fish
Location (country): north america

Post by mislaura »

Boku88 wrote:WOW 75 gallons? Or 75 Litres...but that may be why your puffballs are not attacking anything. Do you happen to have any fish that are like way way larger than your puffers...may explain why they are so docile.
I have 5 silver dollars and and mostly tetras in the tank
mislaura
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Betty Bob and Bertha 3 dwarf pea puffers in a community tank of many fish

Post by mislaura »

Pufferpunk wrote:
mislaura wrote:

Just an update that all is well and good two of my pea puffers have coupled up the other has made friends with a guppy. Yes a guppy and they swim together all the time and take turns chasing each others. So once again it may not be for everyone's dwarf puffers but mine are still doing well in a community tank. No eyeballs sucked out yet but I do watch for that ;)

We can agree to disagree since they are adults and have been peaceful for 7 months I will let you know how they are when a full year is up
Let us know when 5 years is up! :?
mislaura
Puffer Fry

Post by mislaura »

Pufferpunk wrote:
mislaura wrote:
We can agree to disagree since they are adults and have been peaceful for 7 months I will let you know how they are when a full year is up
Let us know when 5 years is up! :?

This man has been doing it for many more then 5
http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/arti ... rprise.htm
pufferjw
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Duboisi Puffer
Red Congo Puffer
Striped Redeye Puffer
Dwarf Puffer

Have Owned:
Amazon Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by pufferjw »

Like mbu puffers, the personalities of DPs can vary greatly. You can do whatever you want, but keeping them in a community tank is risky.
220 Gallon - 1 Super White Leopoldi Stingray
55 Gallon Planted - No Fish
29 Gallon Planted - 1 Duboisi Puffer
29 Gallon - 1 Red Congo Puffer