Need photos for my new book

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
dogpuffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Thailand

Need photos for my new book

Post by dogpuffer »

Dear all, I am hoping someone(s) may be able to help me. I am writing a new academic book of 'Mimicry, Camouflage, Masquerade and other Adaptive Resemblances" for Wiley, and i want to illustrate Canthigaster valentini and its putative Batesian mimic, Paraluteres prionurus

in relation to Caley MJ, Schluter D 2003 Predators favour mimicry in a tropical reef fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 270:667–672.

Also would like a pic of an uninflated and an inflated puffer.

I am affraind that Wiley won't pay and I will need a copyright permission form signing.

If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it

Donald Quicke
[ d DOT quicke AT email DOT com]
(formerly Professor of Systematics, Imperial College London
now retired, living in Thailand)

admin - if I have posted this in an inappropriate forum could you please move it to a more suitable one - thanks
DMD123
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon baileyi (Hairy Puffer, named Gizmo)
Location (country): USA

Re: Need photos for my new book

Post by DMD123 »

dogpuffer wrote:i want to illustrate Canthigaster valentini and its putative Batesian mimic, Paraluteres prionurus
I do not have one of these types of puffer but a few members might...
dogpuffer wrote:Also would like a pic of an uninflated and an inflated puffer.
Does this also need to be the Canthigaster valentini or will any species of puffer do?
dogpuffer wrote:I am affraind that Wiley won't pay and I will need a copyright permission form signing.
Will the person at least get credit for their picture?

Since this was your first post I also will say welcome to the forum.
300g Pearsei x1, Bala Sharks x 3, Dabola endli (Tinkisso river) x1, Ansorgii x1
65B Hairy Puffer
65B Angel fish x1, Monk tetra x7, BN Pleco x2
90G red devil
90G Trimac
46G Bowfront Community tank
30G Growout