Pictures of my Long-Spine Porcupinefish

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
yorkbag
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: I have a Long-Spine Porcupinefish, two clownfish, one domino damsel, three yellow tail damsels, one blue damsel. I try and maintain a peaceful aquarium. My puff/poof is the king/queen of the tank. I hope to add more fish soon when puff/poof realizes he/she is boss.
Location (country): US

Pictures of my Long-Spine Porcupinefish

Post by yorkbag »

I wanted to share my photos of the love of my life. I have a name for him/her, however I never use it as I have been told once you name your fish, the superstition is they die.....So, I just call him/her aloud Poof or Puff.....I hope you enjoy his/her photos just as much as I do......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Re: Pictures of my Long-Spine Porcupinefish

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Awesome great pics!
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
yorkbag
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: I have a Long-Spine Porcupinefish, two clownfish, one domino damsel, three yellow tail damsels, one blue damsel. I try and maintain a peaceful aquarium. My puff/poof is the king/queen of the tank. I hope to add more fish soon when puff/poof realizes he/she is boss.

Post by yorkbag »

sgtmyers88 wrote:Awesome great pics!
Thank you!! I am in love :)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Hi Poofpuff!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
yorkbag
Puffer Fry

Post by yorkbag »

Pufferpunk wrote:Hi Poofpuff!
Poofpuff smiles right back at ya....

Thanks to this forum and the internet, I have learned not to feed him/her krill because of lockjaw. I feed my Pbaby shrimp right now, but I marinate it in Selcon. I have had to remove the shell to get him/her comfortable. My Pbaby is getting very comfortable with the shrimp soaked in Selcon. I have squid and clams on the half shell, however he/she looks at me as I am poisoning him/her when I try to introduce something besides shrimp. However, I feel good about it being soaked in Selcon on a constant basis. My Pbaby is finally learning to come to the top to eat. PBaby eats from my hand. Soon, Pbaby will have to learn to broaden his/her horizons and learn to eat a pea or two too. The internet and this forum has taught me a lot. First and foremost, STAY AWAY FROM PUFFER CRACK (krill).
GSP32
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Post by GSP32 »

Very cute :)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Try soaking other foods in garlic. She needs a variety.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
yorkbag
Puffer Fry

Post by yorkbag »

Pufferpunk wrote:Try soaking other foods in garlic. She needs a variety.
Thanks for the tip. I do Selcon two times and Garlic the third and repeat. Pbaby seems to prefer the Selcon more than the Garlic. However, I do know the Garlic keeps their immune system up and them safer from ich and other parasites. I also do soak the rest of the fish in the AM their New Life Spectrum in garlic every morning to soften the pellets. I also use Tropical Science Marine Max every two weeks to also keep everyone at their best and healthiest :)

Thanks again, PufferPunk. I'm sure I will learn a lot from you ;)
yorkbag
Puffer Fry

Post by yorkbag »

Pufferpunk wrote:Try soaking other foods in garlic. She needs a variety.
And, another valuable lesson I have learned (not to go off topic too much under the pics category). I purchased a blue hippo tang late last year. What a mistake that was. I from now on WILL ALWAYS DO MY DUE DILIGENCE before ever adding fish to my puff. There were many other sites that did warn about this combo (but I did not know because, I had not done my research), and my tank guy said it was a safe fit. This "Dory" was psychotic and would nip at my puff's tail fin, harass my puff, back up its rear end and slap my puff in its face with the tail around five times, and steal the food from my puff's mouth. I have read online in various places that these blue hippo tangs are 50/50. Some say their tang has never bothered their puff and others says some things I cannot even say within this forum. My puff started to hide and withdrawal. So, I took all the live rock out and caught this little devil tang and I am very lucky that my LFS took it back. Hopefully, I can save some others to the fact that putting a blue hippo tang with your puff is a draw, and in my experience, I would highly suggest seeking out other fish. My puff is queen/king of the tank, and any fish that messes with puff, has to go!
yorkbag
Puffer Fry

Post by yorkbag »

sgtmyers88 wrote:Awesome great pics!
Thank you :)
yorkbag
Puffer Fry

Post by yorkbag »

I also have a Parrot Fish Cichlid in another tank (she's my bedroom girl) which is obviously freshwater....

And, upon further admiring her (her name is Chelsea, I have only named her because she is 5+ years), does anyone else notice the resemblance in eyes to a puffer? She is very intelligent and greets me, eats out of my hand, and if I sleep in too late she bumps the lid to make a loud noise and startle me.....but, the eyes......she's a puff in disguise....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.