Large Stars & Stripes Puffer at LFS

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Large Stars & Stripes Puffer at LFS

Post by Pufferpunk »

Why wouldn't it?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
arrivalanche
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Los Angeles, CA

Post by arrivalanche »

Im sure it will but Im looking for a house still at the moment so we can build him a 500-600gal home. for now I he needs to stay the same.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

OK, you tell him that. ;)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

LOL
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: target puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers
Location (country): La Belle Province

Post by Master of Puffers »

sgtmyers88 wrote:
Tim wrote:
purplecandle wrote:I hope nobody buys him! You know he won't get a tank that big if he leaves the store!
I would assume he is the store mascot :)

A LFS here also keeps one as the store pet. He doesnt look as good though

That is correct. This is a show tank and he is not for sale. They did just feed him so he would be more interactive so I could get the shots.

Lovely specimen..Maidenhead Aquatics at Newbury used to have ( late 1990's) a good 2 ft mbu in a show tank.used to stop in there a couple of times a week just to see that fish..
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers

arrivalanche wrote:Im sure it will but Im looking for a house still at the moment so we can build him a 500-600gal home. for now I he needs to stay the same.

Part of my remodel for the basement is a mbu tank room....other roms are getting concrete floors to support the current and future tank plans...
arrivalanche
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Los Angeles, CA

Post by arrivalanche »

Master of Puffers wrote:
arrivalanche wrote:Im sure it will but Im looking for a house still at the moment so we can build him a 500-600gal home. for now I he needs to stay the same.

Part of my remodel for the basement is a mbu tank room....other roms are getting concrete floors to support the current and future tank plans...
NICE! I guess I would consider myself lucky because my girl is the one pushing a LARGE tank. My only problem is that I want coral again and Fat Boy loves eating it. Looks like the 110 will turn into a reef again and the big tank will go to him and some more aggressive fish.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers

arrivalanche wrote:
Master of Puffers wrote:

NICE! I guess I would consider myself lucky because my girl is the one pushing a LARGE tank. My only problem is that I want coral again and Fat Boy loves eating it. Looks like the 110 will turn into a reef again and the big tank will go to him and some more aggressive fish.
Talk to pufferghoti about his/our reef tank..the only reason I'm happy to share it is due to my valenti puffer living there..I'm not interested in the corals and hermits and snails and shrimp not the firefish or yellowtang nor my flame angel..nor the anemones..nope..not at all...j/k!

I love watching how that tank changes in the long and short term..