Ain't he pitiful?

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Ain't he pitiful?

Post by purplecandle »

Just picked up this fella. Found him way in the back, in a tank near the floor. He had been there a year! Not sure what he is yet, I am leaning towards a fangs puffer, nice clear reddish target and a short snout. I post pics later for an ID once he gets in his new house. I was just so happy to find him....I went in looking for a betta!

Pufftastic
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 1 x C travancoricus
Have also kept:
T biocellatus
Location (country): California USA

Re: Ain't he pitiful?

Post by Pufftastic »

Now I'm going to be checking the cruddy back tank corners at every LFS I go to. If you found a Fangs, I'm going to simultaneously be thrilled for you and unbelievably jealous!
Yo ho, yo ho, a puffer's life for me.
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Post by JRC3 »

He'll be happy to be in some more natural tank surroundings...Not nature, but closer to it.

Good luck
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
defool89
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka
Location (country): United states, Garland Texas

Post by defool89 »

Ooooh thank you I had a run away puffer one year ago. Ill gladly take him back thank you again for finding him
You have the right to bear Puffers.
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
1 Fangs Puffer

Post by purplecandle »

He is swimming around and his pretty green is coming in! At the pet store, I was told that he always stayed dark, curled up in a ball in the back of the tank. In fact, the store clerk said he was probably there for a year because no one could see him.

In less than 24 hours, having a cave and some substrate perked him right up! Makes me feel sorry for those puffs that live in bare bottom tanks their whole life.

I was not able to put him in his tank last night, ran into a few snags. So, I put him in the tank I had intended for the betta (cycled 10). He should be in his home by tomorrow. I did however put in his cave I bought him, he quickly found it :).

I got a few pics that I will post in the fw section in few minutes for ID.

@defool: I asked the puffer if he was yours. He said he had never heard of you :lol:
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
1 Fangs Puffer

Post by purplecandle »

Here is the link to the ID thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32556
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Good save! :)
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.