Puffed GSPs

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
skoram
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Korea

Puffed GSPs

Post by skoram »

I do not own any GSPs but found these pictures on the website of a local store. I have to admit they look cute while puffed up though it is a terrible thing to do to a puffer.

scpion
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 23in Mbu, donated to SEA Aquarium
4in Fahaka 150g
Location (country): singapore

Re: Puffed GSPs

Post by scpion »

Its these kind pictures that tempts those ignorants to buy them coz they looked "cute". I bet the guys in the shops will not hesitate to show u how to puff them up and I would bet again that those that bought them after seeing this will attempt to try it when they are home with the poor little guys.

Idiot shop.

Rants are not directed at op.
I am not a Troll, I am just pissed..!
skoram
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Korea

Post by skoram »

scpion wrote:Its these kind pictures that tempts those ignorants to buy them coz they looked "cute". I bet the guys in the shops will not hesitate to show u how to puff them up and I would bet again that those that bought them after seeing this will attempt to try it when they are home with the poor little guys.

Idiot shop.

Rants are not directed at op.
I agree and can confirm for you that the employees at the offending store are indeed ignorant. I asked about the GSPs there several weeks ago and they said they can be kept in a 44 liter (10 gallon) tank and that "pure" salt can be used to make the water brackish.

Here is the page where the pictures are from:

http://www.greenfish.co.kr/shop/view.ht ... scat_uid=0

If you go to the main page of the site and scroll down, there is a video they made on how to set up a tank for GSPs, and the tank that they used is a 27 liter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZAMZgObr2w
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

It's a shame these shops employ such dimwits, why not employ someone who knows how to care for them instead of try to kill them?
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Arrghhh! It would be a treat to observe my GSPs puffing... but not like that!
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.