GSP PICTURES!

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
thenewpufferintown
Dwarf Puffer
Location (country): usa

GSP PICTURES!

Post by thenewpufferintown »

Thought I'd show off my puffers. Been in this tank for about 1.5 months, doing really well :)

Just built the canopy, not 100 percent finished obviously, the doors need to be put on hinges mostly. Sorry, not the best pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terrance
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
Location (country): USA

Re: GSP PICTURES!

Post by Terrance »

Very nice GSP. How big are they?
Kind regards,
Terrance
PufferMe!
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: One green spotted puffer in 70 gallon, marine tank. Soon to add 3 yellow tail damselfish
Location (country): USA, New Mexico

Post by PufferMe! »

Very nice. They do look bigger than juveniles. I keep reading/hearing one in a tank is best. So, tell me how do they do together? I still want to get another GSP for my single, but I'm worried about it.

Gwen

Life is a sum of all your choices - Albert Camus
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(

Post by jus85411 »

very nice and healthy looking puffers!

@pufferme!: puffers are suggested to be kept in their own tanks mainly because of their aggression, especially when they become mature. they can become more aggressive with age. its best to start them together as juveniles, even more preferrably start them in a brand new tank at the same time that way no territory is established by one. i had success with two for a short while, then one started chasing the other. i rehomed the second one i got shortly after. one GSP could be super passive, allowing tankmates forever but then the next GSP could be very aggressive, looking to kill everything
PufferMe!
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: One green spotted puffer in 70 gallon, marine tank. Soon to add 3 yellow tail damselfish

Post by PufferMe! »

Yea, that's pretty much what I keep hearing. But, I also see many people on this site that have more than one. I wish there was a way to tell :(

My little guy was with another puffer,at the LFS, both the same size (young). He was the brighter one, and the other was more muted, so I figured he was more dominate. In his tank now, even after one month of having him, he's shy. He eats right away when I feed him, but often will retreat a bit when he sees me. When the light is on, he definately associates that with the time of day to eat, so he will sometimes come to the glass, but I'd hardly say he begs. It makes me feel he would do okay with a mate, but of course, I'm just guessing.

Gwen

thenewpufferintown
Dwarf Puffer

all three are doing great in this 100gallon, were in a 55 before that. the smaller one i actually had first, the two big ones i introduced while they were tiny. they got big so fast! the small one is about 3 inches, big ones about 5. never had any sort of aggression issues. the big ones are always swimming together, resting together.
skoram
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Korea

Post by skoram »

I'm not a puffer expert by any means (don't even own one ... yet) but I wonder if the discrepancies in behavior are due to varied gender combinations. For example, many of you probably know that it is OK to keep more than 1 female betta in the same tank but 2 males is nearly impossible.
PufferMe!
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by PufferMe! »

I bet you're right, but there is no way to tell sex :(

sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers

Post by sgtmyers88 »

Wow they are extremely beautiful and large! Is that really just a 100 gallon tank? Whats their diet?
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
thenewpufferintown
Dwarf Puffer

Thanks!

its a 6' 100 gallon, so its 72"x18.5"x18.5". I feed them a diet of crayfish, shrimp, squid, mussels, various seafoods. sometimes they get live marbled crayfish and pond/ramshorn snails.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

106 us gallons to be precise lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
PufferMe!
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by PufferMe! »

thenewpufferintown wrote:Thanks!

its a 6' 100 gallon, so its 72"x18.5"x18.5". I feed them a diet of crayfish, shrimp, squid, mussels, various seafoods. sometimes they get live marbled crayfish and pond/ramshorn snails.
I tried feeding mine squid I bought. I chopped up small pieces but I'm not sure he loved them. They seem rather "chewy". Do you recommend them when they are a certain size? Is there a certain part of the squid you think is best? Where do you find crayfish?

Gwen

thenewpufferintown
Dwarf Puffer

I have bought a seafood variety bag from Publix that had shrimp, octopus,squid, and mussels. They also have bags of frozen red crayfish, i'm not sure what kind. But I also breed marbled crayfish that I give them sometimes.
PufferMe!
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by PufferMe! »

Thanks - I don't have a publix near me, but I'll start checking stores for red crayfish

thenewpufferintown
Dwarf Puffer

i dont know what they're called, but thats what they are. and unfortunately, thats the only place ive seen them. I've also gotten some clam, oysters, and crab legs from publix. recently, i've gotten alot of rock crab pieces for free from a restaurant that my puffers and eel love :)