A few pics from our Trip!

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

A few pics from our Trip!

Post by goldielocke76 »

Hey guys!

It's good to be back, and everyone is OK! We went across 12 different states, and had tons of fun. We took tons and tons of pictures, but I wanted to share some that I that would interest us all =D

This guy was HUGE! And he came up to us every time we went up to the window, I loved it. Denzil was amazed that they could get so big. He said "Man, I bet this guy is the size of a beach ball when he puffs!" LOL! He was at least a good 3 feet long and I have nothing to compare to how big around he was, but, he was huge! The pictures do not do him justice at all. But it was amazing to see him, in a big tank, swimming around and healthy looking.

Please let me know if the pics do not show up. If they do though, Enjoy!
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Re: A few pics from our Trip!

Post by Arny »

Wow nice puffer, he looks huge. Was he really that blue? or is it the lights?
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Yea wow! Glad you had a great trip, welcome back
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

No he was more greyish. It is the lighting that is making him blue. And yes, he is HUMONGEROUS LoL. Glad you guys can see the pics, I wasn't sure. But he was very friendly and curious, you know, puffer like ^.^

Thanks for the WB, it's good to be home, in my own bed, and OMG I missed my fish! LoL
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Post by Flutter »

What a neat fish!
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin