Mouse-eating Porcupine

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's
Location (country): Holland

Mouse-eating Porcupine

Post by KorrepZ »

Right.... this was my WTF moment of the day... maybe even this week.

I really have no words for the person who is feeding his porcupine mice... except: IDIOT!
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Usa

Re: Mouse-eating Porcupine

Post by Brandon8521 »

I could possibly understand if it was a fish that on accasions will eat frogs and small mamals in the wild but to feed a ocean dwelling fish a mouse is just nonsence. He can state that it was he normally feeds him but it doesnt take away from the fact the he gets some sort of entertainment from it.
eieio
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by eieio »

i did not, and will not, watch this video.
i am...........horrified.
:(
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

off topic but we were talking about practical jokes today and someone put a Porcupine (mammal) that had been trapped (and killed) in someones fridge. Talk about horrified the next morning!
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Brandon8521 »

J-P wrote:off topic but we were talking about practical jokes today and someone put a Porcupine (mammal) that had been trapped (and killed) in someones fridge. Talk about horrified the next morning!
HAHA that would probably give my wife a heart attack not to mention i would probably have to get a new fridge cause she would not eat anything out of it anymore after that.

Back on topic-
I used to have a ball python that would only eat live mice (tried tons to get her to feed on dead mice.) So im not against feeding live food to pets that need them. But to a fish that should have no mammal meat in its diet at all its jsut not right and only entertains the owner. Not to mention what kind of health issues his puffer will winde up with.
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

I wonder what gave him the idea of feeding it mice in the first place. :censored:
The puffer is cute though. :D
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Brandon8521 »

Troender wrote:I wonder what gave him the idea of feeding it mice in the first place. :censored:
The puffer is cute though. :D
More then likely those retarded videos on Youtube.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

At first I really thought noting about it. I thought it was no different than people buying frozen mice for their snakes. I played it back several times and it happens so quick but at about :46 and :48 you can see it kicking.

Yea this guy A) screams with enjoyment (but we do that some times with predator fish), and B) definitely needs a stern talking to.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Edited, I can't have this kind of horrible, unnecessary torture shown here.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's

Post by KorrepZ »

Sorry PP, when i came across the vid i was just so perplexed by the idiotic feeding i just had to share it with you people. You removing the vid tells even more how horrible it is, some people just have no clue about this hobby and that vid may just have been the worst one
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Post by diverchic »

erm, sorry but I've not watched nor will I watch the video... but I wanted to say that I am now invisaging lots of interesting ends for any person who would feed any pet something so out of it's own diet and cause extra distress to the 'food' for their own entertainment.

I too have had animals in the past which required feeding live food but always did so in the most humane manner I could and certainly did not get any sense of enjoyment out of it!
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

The idea probably came from videos of piranha feedings.
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's

Post by KorrepZ »

is it maybe an idea to all gang up against this vid to get it removed from youtube? I would just hate it if other people would try this behavious because they see it in the vid. Altho that would require some sort of link somewhere so people would know where to go and PP made it perfectly clear she does not agree with the vid being on TPF.

Maybe if you want to flag it as inappropriate send me a pm and I will direct you to the vid? If that is ok with PP ofcourse.

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

That's fine.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
SammyDee
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 55g (2) GSP, (2) Maroon Clownfish, (1) blue damsel, And some soft corals and 1 Nem
45g FW community
20g snail and shrimp breeding tank for puffers
Location (country): USA USA USA USA

Post by SammyDee »

I seen that a while back and believe it or not theres nothing but millions of vids of ppl feeding mice to puffers and arowanas and stuff like that. I can barely deal frozen mice for food let alone a live cute fuzzy harmless creature. I even feel bad feeding ghost shrimp sometimes. Im a wimp when it comes to animal abuse. The ppl doing fish tanks for that kinda entertainment is alot of ppl and drives me crazy..
"DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU'L DIE TODAY' -JAMES DEAN