Meet Master Yoda (Young Fahaka)

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: Meet Master Yoda (Young Fahaka)

Post by RTR »

You can get underwater periscope at big toy stores - much less painful (and safer!), but Bertie is 100% correct. Believe it or not, the aquarium myth of fish staring at their own reflection is one of the most widely accepted aquarium myths. What you see from outside the tank is not, repeat, not what the fish sees from inside the tank.

Look up and study Monaco-style aquariums to get a better understanding of air/water/glass reflections and images.

HTH
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Biff Malawi
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Biff Malawi »

Since it has been brought up. would being able to see their reflection be a bad or good thing. What if you put a mirror on the end of a fahaka tank for instance.
Stand Tall, Be Brave, Wait For The Signs
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's
Location (country): Holland

Post by KorrepZ »

So its been 2,5 years since I last updated you guys on Master Yoda but I have sad news.

After 7 years his adventure ends after a nasty infection on his tail that went from bad to worse in a short time.

Today he died 15 mins after I got home from work and waited all day for me to come home to say one final goodbye.

He became my pal in July 2009 as a little tiny cute Fakaha of just 2,5cm (1 inch) and grew up to be 7 years old and 30cm long (12 inches), weighing half a kilo (1.1 pound).

He got a nice place to rest his fins in the garden.

R.I.P. Master Yoda. May the Force be with you......

Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

:( :sorry: :rip: :crying: :missyou: :crying2: :pout:
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

:( sorry to hear that
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR