UK EU Referendum

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

UK EU Referendum

Post by Iliveinazoo »

i wonder what others think about the UK referendum result?
I voted out but i did so with some major reservations, i worried about the inevitable impact that it would have on the FTSE and the markets, i worried that the ties between england, scotland, gibraltar, malta, wales and northern Ireland would fail and it now seems that they may well do so.

I feel that the blair government that gave away so much sovereignty has lots to answer for, so to does the big british businesses that posted job adverts exclusively in eastern european countries excluding the job opportunities of those from the country that they operated in.

I hope that the short term job losses are few and hope that we manage to recover the jobs that we do lose in the medium term.

Hopefully every EU politician can realise that the common market was a good thing and a great idea but the idea of forming a superstate consisting of many independant nations under one flag and one common law was what ultimately caused the UK to opt out.
eieio
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.

Re: UK EU Referendum

Post by eieio »

there are many of us here in the USA that feel much admiration & respect for those of you that have had enough of what you are living with, and willing to do something about it
we are going through a very similar situation here, and I sincerely hope that our citizens have the huevos to vote similarly in order to avoid the quagmire that we are headed for if we screw up in November :)

here is a quote from one of the members of another forum that I frequent
I think he put in a very neat nutshell...........
"This is all just the unwinding of the liberal progressive "one world order" where the governments charge up every country's credit card on their failed agenda and then the working class has to pay the bill."
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Kudos to the brave Brits! I hope we follow suit or we are destined for ruin.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
pufferjkb
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada -Halifax, NS

Post by pufferjkb »

i agree with eieio's comment about what's really at stake.

It's interesting that the media (at least the one's I've seen) are ignoring this
as a major cause of the "leave" vote anf focusing on more right oriented
issues like limiting immigration

Heaven forbid that they admit that the ECC politicians have been
captured by the economic elite & used it to impose austerity &
free trade measures that oppress majorities in supposedly democratic
countries.

Similar problems in North America too, of course.

Let's all become puffers & go live in the fresh, brackish, or
marine waters of our choice. Puffers don't have economic worries.
schmiggle
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Newton, Massachusetts, USA

Post by schmiggle »

pufferjkb wrote: Let's all become puffers & go live in the fresh, brackish, or
marine waters of our choice. Puffers don't have economic worries.
This I agree with wholeheartedly.
pufferjkb
Puffer Fry

Post by pufferjkb »

Another reason to wish to be a puffer fish: no nasty politics.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

It was the best result. Yea the pound is a little wobbly but it has been up and down for years. We will end up better off once it all settles. No-one is gonna decide to not trade with the UK. A bright future is ahead
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
eieio
Mbu Puffer
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"

Post by eieio »

bertie 83 wrote:It was the best result. Yea the pound is a little wobbly but it has been up and down for years. We will end up better off once it all settles. No-one is gonna decide to not trade with the UK. A bright future is ahead
Good outlook Bertie 83! :)
I hope my fellow citizens in the U.S. get their heads screwed on straight, and do the right thing in this November' election. :roll:
If they don't, ............ :censored: ..............!!
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo

Post by bertie 83 »

eieio wrote:
bertie 83 wrote:It was the best result. Yea the pound is a little wobbly but it has been up and down for years. We will end up better off once it all settles. No-one is gonna decide to not trade with the UK. A bright future is ahead
I hope my fellow citizens in the U.S. get their heads screwed on straight, and do the right thing in this November' election. :roll:
Been looking at your upcoming vote, you only really see what the media wants you to though. What will be will be. I never thought our government would allow us to leave the EU being that they are so corrupt. But we got out. As for positive outlook, it's not that I'm just thinking of my children and future grandchildren. Since joining the EU we are paying farmers not to farm so we buy this and that from other countries. UK built goods have all but disappeared, which we all know are of high quality. I want my kids to be able to do what they want, what they enjoy and I'm certain when the dust settles apprenticeships will once again boom here in the UK. Aston Martin are moving back and Boeing are wanting to place their European base here. All since leaving the EU. We are after all still in Europe lol
eieio
Mbu Puffer
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"

Post by eieio »

bertie 83 wrote:
eieio wrote:
Been looking at your upcoming vote, you only really see what the media wants you to though. What will be will be. I never thought our government would allow us to leave the EU being that they are so corrupt. But we got out. As for positive outlook, it's not that I'm just thinking of my children and future grandchildren. Since joining the EU we are paying farmers not to farm so we buy this and that from other countries. UK built goods have all but disappeared, which we all know are of high quality. I want my kids to be able to do what they want, what they enjoy and I'm certain when the dust settles apprenticeships will once again boom here in the UK. Aston Martin are moving back and Boeing are wanting to place their European base here. All since leaving the EU. We are after all still in Europe lol
To a very large extent, that's right.
But the truth is out there, if one is willing to be aware of alternate media & news sources.
The mainstream media has become a liberal political machine, pushing the "selfie" oriented public and the "entitlement" crowd in whatever direction the "Democratic" party dictates.
Our spineless Republican party is running for the hills like frightened rabbits, in fear that their interests will be in jeopardy should their candidate win. :shock:
Through lies and cheating, the rug is being pulled out from under us.
bertie 83
Non puffer
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo

Post by bertie 83 »

We must however consider; it does not matter who is the face of our countries, they are after all just the face, a puppet. Do we really believe there will be big change if a particular candidate gets in? It just doesn't work like that, they lie to get votes and be liked, does anything really change? Do the things that really matter get fixed? They don't, we still have homeless children, the sick and elderly are cast aside and left to suffer. It drives me insane! My local council have failed me big time recently, not gonna go into it but the wrong people are often given everything whilst those who graft the hardest are just left dangling, clinging on
eieio
Mbu Puffer
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"

Post by eieio »

bertie 83 wrote:We must however consider; it does not matter who is the face of our countries, they are after all just the face, a puppet.
The trail of lies and corruption behind a puppet is an indicator of what to expect, should the puppet be elected to a position of power.
The office of president of the United States is a position of great power, not only in terms of their job in office, but in their relationships and influences internally here in this country, and elsewhere.
The last eight years has been a bellyfull. :roll:
pufferjkb
Puffer Fry

Post by pufferjkb »

Another reason to be a (female) puffer: Politicians are unlikely to grope you, and if they do you can spike them or bite their finger off. :-)
bertie 83
Non puffer
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo

Post by bertie 83 »

eieio wrote:
bertie 83 wrote:We must however consider; it does not matter who is the face of our countries, they are after all just the face, a puppet.
The trail of lies and corruption behind a puppet is an indicator of what to expect, should the puppet be elected to a position of power.
The office of president of the United States is a position of great power, not only in terms of their job in office, but in their relationships and influences internally here in this country, and elsewhere.
The last eight years has been a bellyfull. :roll:
But do we really believe they can do anything through their own choice? Not a chance. They promise the earth to get to "power" then have to do what they're told. We would never elect in the real decision makers. Would be carnage. It's all about the money
bertie 83
Non puffer
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo

Post by bertie 83 »

pufferjkb wrote:Another reason to be a (female) puffer: Politicians are unlikely to grope you, and if they do you can spike them or bite their finger off. :-)
Indeed lol. Politics really gets me going.