Do we have any brony's here?

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
trever22
Dwarf Puffer
Location (country): Usa

Do we have any brony's here?

Post by trever22 »

First I am sorry for posting this here but I dont know where else to post it. I just really wanted to ask this question

Now I am just curious if we have any brony's here. If you dont know what a brony is its someone who watches My little Pony. Sounds weird right? I thought the same thing when I first was told this. Quite honestly I was mind blown when someone explained to me that teenage boys (and girls) and adults watched My little Pony because they actually enjoyed watching it. I didnt know what to think anymore. So when I got home I researched this quite a bit. I was shocked that people liked MLP this much.

I decided to try to watch the first episode and I couldnt do it. I watched about 5 mins and just couldnt finish. I figured I didnt give it enough time so later I tried to watch it a sencond time, this time I got further but still couldnt watch till the end. Finnaly I tried a third time and finnaly make it to the end of episode 1. I didnt think it was anything specail, but the next day I watched episode 2 and I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it.

Since then I have been a so called brony. It is really quite amazing how big of a fan base MLP has. There are tons of people who make pony related art and music. While yes it does sound strange it makes you think..... why are we so quick to judge somebody based one 1 fact.

I have been enjoying watching MLP and listening to pony music since. Honestly I call it my "happy music" because to me it is very up lifting and its amazing how people just like you and I can make songs, post them on youtube and have everyone listen to and enjoy the music.

People who have never heard of this before probably think brony' are "soft" but I dont see that true at all. Before I even knew what a brony was I loved (and still do) to listen to Rammstein (my favorite band no doubt), Rob Zombie, system of a down, and others. So based on 1 fact I dont think people should be so quick to judge. Sometimes you just need to let loose and do what you enjoy. Obviosuly it wont be for everyone. Breaking bad and Walking dead are both Great shows but not everybodys watched or likes those shows. I am currently watching walking dead and I will watch 3-4 episodes a day sometimes. I do that because it is a very great show but I dont do that with MLP because its more "special" I guess you can say. Once I am done with season 3 (most current season) I will have to wait till winter when the next season comes out and I just dont want to have to wait many months. For me when I am finished with walking dead I will probably just forget about it but with MLP I just cant do that. You just feel connected with some of the characters. I dont know what it is but I would like to hear what you all have to say.

Sorry for the long rant but I figured if anyone is slightly interested its not that long to read. Now let me know what you think.
Squaffy
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 1xF8
Location (country): UK

Re: Do we have any brony's here?

Post by Squaffy »

Can I have the last 30 seconds of my life back please
trever22
Dwarf Puffer

Post by trever22 »

Squaffy wrote:Can I have the last 30 seconds of my life back please
Sure.... Nobody made you come here you did it yourself.
G S P Freak
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Figure Eight Puffers, Binks (29G)
Dwarf puffers, named "He-Puffer" (male) and She-puffer (female) (10g)
Non-puffer:
1 Red-eared slider, Tortuga (female)(100g)
1 rubber lip pleco
Location (country): USA, Indiana

Post by G S P Freak »

I see no one with a my little pony avatar here. So I'd hazard to so say no.
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
-John Ruskin-
"I have to laugh when people call fish-keeping a hobby, if anything, it's a science... and for some, an obsession." - Me
defool89
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka
Location (country): United states, Garland Texas

Post by defool89 »

more power to you. I cant relate but ride on man. I cant watch shows that dont have a little death, just a little or atleast some violence, or substance abuse but atleast some nudity... if their was a pony episode where one lost his head, or got speared by a unicorn being ridden by a coked up Stripperella I might be more inclined to watch it.
You have the right to bear Puffers.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Sounds like happy tree friends is right up your street defool, check it out
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Don't let this freak you out....everyone has a kink or guilty pleasure....everyone! I myself am a grown up and I preordered the Harry Potter books..and right next to those books on my book shelf sit the 50 Shades Of Grey series....everyone has a fantasy now and then. Everyone likes to escape once in a while.

It is probably the injection of happiness and color into an often drab life that attracts you to this.....
trever22
Dwarf Puffer

Post by trever22 »

defool89 wrote:more power to you. I cant relate but ride on man. I cant watch shows that dont have a little death, just a little or atleast some violence, or substance abuse but atleast some nudity... if their was a pony episode where one lost his head, or got speared by a unicorn being ridden by a coked up Stripperella I might be more inclined to watch it.
Surely MLP dosent have anything like that but there is fan made stuff that might relate a little more to you

Check this out
Here is the URL not sure but its not showing up on the thread for me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQaisack_jc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQaisack_jc[/youtube]

Also if you like that kind of stuff you may want to check out /b/ see if you like it there.
bertie 83 wrote:Sounds like happy tree friends is right up your street defool, check it out
I guess I will check it out. The thing about MLP is how great the plot actually is. Most children shows dont put too put much thought into the story line because it dosent take much to entertain kids I guess. But somebody acknowledged that MLP actually does have a great story line and thats why many people enjoy it. The writer for MLP is the same person that made Fosters home for imaginary friends (which we all know was also a good show) and powerpuff girls.

purplecandle wrote:Don't let this freak you out....everyone has a kink or guilty pleasure....everyone! I myself am a grown up and I preordered the Harry Potter books..and right next to those books on my book shelf sit the 50 Shades Of Grey series....everyone has a fantasy now and then. Everyone likes to escape once in a while.

It is probably the injection of happiness and color into an often drab life that attracts you to this.....
I dont find that too weird at all. Personally I know tons of people that love the hairy potter series and they love it. Personally I never really got into it. But I know what you mean when you say "injection of happiness and color into an often drab life"

If anyone is interested at all there is a fan made story called "My little Dashie" and it really relates to what you just said.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Unless you like watching cute and cuddly cartoon furries meeting a gruesome end don't watch happy tree friends lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Hmmm just a thought here....

I went and Google mlp. And I noticed something. Those little ponies are rather tarted up. Very wide feminine eyes...flirty eyes. Their hair is wavy and curly. And even though they are ponies, they have similar curves to women.

I wonder if the over feminine/sexy look of the ponies attracts males..not because males like ponies, but because males like women. You know, a biology thing?
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Post by Iliveinazoo »

Since having a kid I've sat down and genuinely enjoyed a few programmes I probably shouldn't: Scooby Do, Fireman Sam, Curious George and near enough every Disney type film.
He's into Go Diego Go at the moment but that is barely tolerable...
trever22
Dwarf Puffer

Post by trever22 »

bertie 83 wrote:Unless you like watching cute and cuddly cartoon furries meeting a gruesome end don't watch happy tree friends lol
I watched like 2 mins of happy tree friends and its terrible. The only entertaining part of it IS watching them get their faces torn off. I dont think MLP is what you think, it is actually a good show with a good plot and good lessons to learn no matter how old.

Iliveinazoo wrote:Since having a kid I've sat down and genuinely enjoyed a few programmes I probably shouldn't: Scooby Do, Fireman Sam, Curious George and near enough every Disney type film.
He's into Go Diego Go at the moment but that is barely tolerable...
Thats nice to know. I know what you mean about Go Diego Go I have seen my cousins watch it and its just terrible. It really dosent take much to entertain young kids so that why they dont put much effort. If you care at all MLP is on the Hub so if you are your son are watching cartoons one day maybe check the hub to see if its on to see if you like it at all.
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

All three of my younger siblings, two girls, one boy, like MLP. The girls are twins and are five, the boy is fourteen, and he even has a few friends his age who like MLP, as well.

My mother's fiance also likes MLP. So that's 4/6 people in my house who really enjoy it. I've seen it, and it's definitely one of the cartoons I'd prefer on the TV as opposed to something like Dora, or whatever. I don't go out of my way to watch it though.

I am curious about the whole males being attracted to them because they're feminine. MLP is VERY popular though. It's beaten out a few shows like Dr. Who and Firefly and such in certain contests. So, you're definitely not alone, at all.

As far as people judging you. That will always happen. People are judgmental. They will judge you for what you wear, who you talk to, what you watch, what you do or don't do, and any other thing they feel like. Just don't let it bother you. Do what you want to do, so long as you're not harming others, it doesn't matter.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

I love the old 80s/early 90s MLPs, not the FiM
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
zombeez
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 8 DPs
2 C. Irrubesco