New Browser: Rocket Melt Review

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

New Browser: Rocket Melt Review

Post by J-P »

Just trying out a new browser, Rocketmelt. All I can say is if you're Facebook connected WOW!!!! This thing is awesome.

It also allows you to pick and choose what news feeds you want and all the news is displayed on the left while your facebook friends are on the right.

When google chrome came out, I was impressed with how quick and clean it was. Very simple and fast.

This new browser is fast also but much more complicated. The tool bar resembles chrome, simple and sleek. Everything is left justified as opposed to other browsers which are right justified. That is going to take some getting used to.

One thing I am not impressed with is that it constantly tries to promote itself. The moment I open a new tab, it takes all my contacts and wants me to invite them as opposed to taking me to my default home page.

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. I like it, it is fast but it will take more time to get used to.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Re: New Browser: Rocket Melt Review

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

I can't even imagine changing from Mozilla Firefox, and regular google for browsing. ._. I'm so against change; like an old, grumpy man.
Last edited by Nuclear_Glitter on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: New Browser: Rocket Melt Review

Post by RTR »

And I am a grumpy old man, and hate the idea of changing away from Firefox.

I do still have to use IE for certain sites, which bugs me no end as as it is still one of the worst programs around, just as it was when I went to Firefox ages ago. The idea of having to use a program with unfriendly tool bars could result in my leaving the WWW.
Where's the fish? - Neptune