went fishing last night and caught a...

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

went fishing last night and caught a...

Post by jus85411 »

bird??? the poor guy flew into my fishing line and got caught. i thought i had a bite from a fish and when i started reeling in i followed my fishing line down to the water and saw him stuck. i reeled in and used my friends fishing glove to grab him and cut him free. really glad i have the experience i have with animals especially birds, as i probably wouldnt have tried to grab and free him and would have freaked out not knowing what do to at that point. i dont know what people would do if this happened and they werent too sure about how to handle the situation. i have a photo and a short 30 second video, they arent the greatest because my camera man isnt a very good camera man lol. i tried to get him to get a good picture, but i didnt want the bird thrashing about while trying to take one and possibly hurt himself. i cut him free, took the picture i attached and he flew off on his own into the closes tree. he didnt seem hurt, just scared of the whole situation

now that the fun is over, can anyone possibly identify this thing? to me it resembled some sort of young hawk, but i dont think it was. hopefully the picture can help ID him, im really interested to know what he was. very nice looking bird. i will attach the video, i just have to get a computer cord from someone at work since mine is home and upload it to youtube.

Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Re: went fishing last night and caught a...

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

I few weeks back it was time to clean out the swimming pool and a bird who couldn't fly was stuck in the bottom. We had to get him out. Congrats on knowing what to do and not panicking! =]
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)

Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

Kinda looks like a small sparrowhawk.
Chris,

He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

i didnt get a chance to post the video yet, but i will at some point today. fade2black - you know i was actually thinking when i was handling him "this looks like a hawk, but kind of like a sparrow too" :lol: i have google imaged the "sparrowhawk" and he does look very similar and he was definitely young, you could tell by the screeches he put out. he looked very similar to this one inparticular, just a bit younger