What happened to Games?

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

What happened to Games?

Post by Gooburz »

What happened to when video games were fun and challenging? And if you are under the age of 25 please don't post in here about a new game that is out that is "hard" because its sad to say that every game out there has just been put on easy mode because the kids/youth of today just cry because they want EVERYTHING made easy for them. And if it is somewhat difficult there is a "guide" that comes with the game so its not a challenge to figure out. I'm 30 and grew up on all the true OLD school games. Even MMO's back in the day like Ultima Online don't exist anymore, the new ones SWTOR are a joke and with every patch they just make it easier and easier for you kids to just run your mouth and think you are good.....

Sad to say after over 20 years of gaming i've lost just about all interest in games NOT because i don't enjoy them but because of the kids today ruin them and force the hand of gaming companies to make them easy because the kids of today just can't deal with a challenge or anything difficult. Our country and World are #*$&%$ if you kids don't grow the heck up!
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: What happened to Games?

Post by J-P »

know what you mean. Nothing like spending $60 an a new game and finishing it in 2 or 3 days. Back in the day it was weeks or months before that would happen.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

That's why you get Gamefly, so you don't waste money on a bad game, ever.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers

Post by sgtmyers88 »

@ OP I am under 25 and I totally feel for ya man! I have not bought a game in years! In fact I still have my SNES! Some of the best games were on there!

And yes it is all about the money and milking a title or franchise.

EDIT: There are some games for my SNES that I never have beat!
Last edited by sgtmyers88 on Sun May 06, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Gooburz »

Nuclear_Glitter wrote:That's why you get Gamefly, so you don't waste money on a bad game, ever.

Why would i want to subscribe to Gamefly and play horrible game after horrible game thats basically a copy of a copy off of other games that are progressively worse? Notice when you have that original copy and then when you make copies of copies of copies thats what you get, one craptastic game.
puffykid
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Madison, WI

Post by puffykid »

Video games now days feel more like interactive movies.
1 M. Turgidus - 29 gallon
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)

Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

Hahaha!! Boy ol boy, im glad games are easy now days....lol It would had caused me and my son kicking the $250.00 xbox 360 out the window...lol. Oh I remember playin those old school games and hated that "GAME OVER!" crap....lol I love the COD games, Ghost Recon's, HALO's, and Star Wars Batllefront's are my all time favs. Yeah im a 37 yr old big kid when I get time. So I dont see nothing wrong with the games now days....lol
Chris,

He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
chuckfriedrice
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Petey my porcupine Puffer had him since 5/20/2011 about 7 inches now !
Location (country): Royal Palm Beach , Florida - USA

Post by chuckfriedrice »

sgtmyers88 wrote:@ OP I am under 25 and I totally feel for ya man! I have not bought a game in years! In fact I still have my SNES! Some of the best games were on there!

And yes it is all about the money and milking a title or franchise.
I still have the Original NES ! I will never get rid of if it till it dies!
170G Picasso Trigger, snails,Damsels, Coral Beauty Angelfish and Diamond Goby .
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckfriedrice?feature=mhee
chuckfriedrice
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Petey my porcupine Puffer had him since 5/20/2011 about 7 inches now !
Location (country): Royal Palm Beach , Florida - USA

Post by chuckfriedrice »

Dont get me wrong I also have Wii and Ps3 !
170G Picasso Trigger, snails,Damsels, Coral Beauty Angelfish and Diamond Goby .
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckfriedrice?feature=mhee
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

Gooburz wrote:
Nuclear_Glitter wrote:That's why you get Gamefly, so you don't waste money on a bad game, ever.

Why would i want to subscribe to Gamefly and play horrible game after horrible game thats basically a copy of a copy off of other games that are progressively worse? Notice when you have that original copy and then when you make copies of copies of copies thats what you get, one craptastic game.
I was referring to J-P's comment where he said he hates to pay $60 for a game he beats so quick. I should have hit the quote button, just ended up not doing it.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
kcartwright856
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 2 C. travancoricus (dwarf puffer)
7 Pangio kuhlii
5 Otocinclus vittatus (w/ fry)

Post by kcartwright856 »

I hear you in the way of MMOs.

I've been playing World of Warcraft for 6 years now, and it stings as they give in to people crying about how hard dungeons are. Attention spans are getting smaller and smaller, and people want instant gratification.

Oh well. I still love to play.
-KC

My DP tank journal: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29746
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers

Post by sgtmyers88 »

sgtmyers88 wrote:EDIT: There are some games for my SNES that I never have beat!
And it is on my to do list before I die. LOL

I do believe the gaming industry has diluted itself down to nothing more than making the next best game that boasts "flashy and revolutionary" graphics and online eSport gameplay. NOT good engaging and challenging gameplay that the classics from the 80's and 90's offered.

HOWEVER, I do offer kudos to Nintendo for bringing back some of that old style zest with DKC Returns and Super Mario Bros Wii. You can even adapt the Wii controller to play like an old school NES controller. I actually felt challenged again by a game as well. I highly recommend them.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by Gooburz »

kcartwright856 wrote:I hear you in the way of MMOs.

I've been playing World of Warcraft for 6 years now, and it stings as they give in to people crying about how hard dungeons are. Attention spans are getting smaller and smaller, and people want instant gratification.

Oh well. I still love to play.

I was there when WOW started and spent many years playing and I even gave Cat a try but just was the same thing different look no new challanges and it did turn into instant gratification. I even tried out SWTOR and had some fun with the game but even finding they are trying to make it easy for people to good in the game.

However I still love League Of Legends! If you ever played DOTA from the old warcraft 3 mod they left Blizzard and made that game and its totally free to play and where there may be some cheap toons that pwn its a team game and its still really balanced with updates all the time and new toons and even if a toon is way over powered they will make the fix so I gotta say that is 1 game I still enjoy to play. IF anyone plays that game my name is the same as it is on the forums Gooburz, just hit me up and say you are from the Puffer Forum and we can get some games in together!
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Post by Arny »

I love the Left 4 dead games online multiplayer, Put about 1500 hours into it :)
El Scorpio
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: none, at the moment...
Location (country): Louisville, KY.

Post by El Scorpio »

Hardest game ever has to be Battletoads for the NES. Whoever programmed that hoverbike level needs to be put on the CIA's most wanted list for terrorism and crimes against humanity.