Best Buy Return Policy

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Best Buy Return Policy

Post by Pufferpunk »

I checked with Snopes & it's true! I just bought a coffee maker from Target, used it for a week, didn't like it & exchanged it for a cheaper one, no questions asked. When I didn't have the gift card anymore that I had purchased it with for her to put the difference back on, she gave me cash even though it was against their policy to do so. I'll stick with Target, thank you very much!

KEEP THIS IN MIND BEFORE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING !!!!!!!!!

BEST BUY

If you purchase something from Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. And you return the item with the receipt, they will give you your money back if you paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic.

Well, I purchased a GPS for my car:
a Tom Tom XL.S from
'Best Buy'.
They have a policy that it must
be returned within 14 days for a refund!

So after 4 days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received it, including the receipt.

I explained to the lady at the return desk I did not like the way it couldn't find store names.

The lady at the refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said no one told me that.
I asked how much would that be. She said it goes by the price of the item.
It will be $45 for you.
I said, all you're going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge me $45 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy.
I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here! If I bought a $2000 computer or TV and returned it I would be charged $300 restock fee? She said yes. 15%.

I said OK, just give me my money minus the restock fee.

She said, since the item is over $200 dollars, she can't give me my money back!

Corporate has to and they will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.! I said 'WHAT?'

It's my money! I paid in cash!
I want to buy a different brand..
Now I have to wait 7 to 10 days.
She said well, our policy is on the back of your receipt.

I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said well, the front! I said so do I. I want to talk to the Manager!

So the manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well, sir they should have told you about the policy when you got the item. I said, no one has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee when I bought items from computers to TVs from Best Buy. The only thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program.
He said, well, I can give you corporate phone number.

I called corporate. The guy said, well, I'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a 45 dollar gift card and you can use it at Best Buy.

I told him if I bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on the item and then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars.

You can keep your gift card, I'm never shopping in Best Buy ever again, and if I'd been smart, I would have charged the whole thing on my credit card! Then I would have canceled the transaction.

I would have gotten all my money back including your stupid fees! He didn't say a word!

I informed him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads-up on the store's policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats.

So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad experience of shopping at Best Buy
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Re: Best Buy Return Policy

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

ya I heard about this on the news the other day. They were interviewing a guy from bestbuy and he was tlaking about store policy
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
JoseDepacos
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Valentini- Ripley
Location (country): USA

Post by JoseDepacos »

I have had similar issues with Best Buy. In short, when the clerk asked if we were going to have a problem I told her she had a 300 pound problem and she better find someone to make it right of her next call better be the police. She quickly got a manager who solved the issue on the spot by doing as I suggested. I wont be spending money on anything in their store anymore. Too much of a hassel if there happens to be a problem.
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Post by Flutter »

In Canada BB tends to be more expensive than the other stores. That, along with the poor return policies (don't actually know what ours are) we just avoid it. There's other places to go and most will price match anyways.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin