Air show today!

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
briguy44
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 2 GSPs
Location (country): Idaho, USA

Air show today!

Post by briguy44 »

So I just went to an air show today in Idaho. It was impressive! The blue angels performed and blew me away with how loud and fast they were. Some of the things that they were doing were so incredible and dangerous. Anybody else seen these guys perform? I am so pumped still from watching them. :metal:
"THIS PURPLE BELT IS NOT A TOY, THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE OFFICE SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE I CAN PHYSICALLY DOMINATE THEM"
-- DWIGHT SCHRUTE
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: Air show today!

Post by J-P »

I have not seen them but I am sure they are very good. I have only seen the Snow Birds (Canadian) and they were amazing! I am sure the american team puts them to shame though :)
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): Usa

Post by Brandon8521 »

I used to go to the airshow every year when i lived in charleston ,sc. I have tons of flight time in a UH-60 helicopter so i kind of have a rivalry with fixed wings (although i will admit that i would love to fly in one, one day.) My cousin is a f-16 pilot and we go at it sometimes all in fun of course.
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

I use to go back in the day, and the blue angels were bad buttocks. I couldnt imagine flyin that fast and bein that close
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
briguy44
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by briguy44 »

The announcer guy said that their formation was 18" or tighter traveling around mach 1, very cool even by itself going flat and straight, but then they even throw in some crazy stunts while in formation! :shock:
"THIS PURPLE BELT IS NOT A TOY, THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE OFFICE SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE I CAN PHYSICALLY DOMINATE THEM"
-- DWIGHT SCHRUTE
Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): USA

Post by Mek0ng »

Spiffy, but no pics?
Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Brandon8521 »

My cousin has some awesome pics that he took while he was upside down flying over his wingman. They were sitting there takeing pics of each other.
soggydrysuit
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 2x T.fluviatilis
1x C. irrubesco
2 x T. nigroviridis
1 x T. ocellatus
Current non-puffers:

Enough for people to think I'm a loonie :-)
Location (country): UK

Post by soggydrysuit »

Accidently saw some of Sunderland airshow, NE uk yesterday.

We were headed to the beach for a swim and got caught in the traffic but on the way back a Eurofigher Typhoon was having a play. It did a pull up I was sure would have ripped the wings off and then turned aroung behind us. Then it lit the burners and came straight over the top of us barely subsonic (no boom). That made a loud noise too :lol:

I wouldn't like to be in anything other than one of your blackbirds with those about! Maybe a MIG 29 or a JSF but dunno!
briguy44
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by briguy44 »

Bcummings8521 wrote:My cousin has some awesome pics that he took while he was upside down flying over his wingman. They were sitting there takeing pics of each other.
Something like this?

-- DWIGHT SCHRUTE
Brandon8521
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Brandon8521 »

Yes but directely over top of one another and pics from cockpit to cockpit of them takeing pics of each other. The tightest formation we fly in hawks in 1/4 rotor disc (about 10 feet) and if i was ever upside down in a hawk i would be defacateing all over myself.