Deep Sea Fishing

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Deep Sea Fishing

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

Got a call from a buddy at 5pm on friday asking me if I wanted to go to the west coast of florida(I live on the east coast of FL) and do some deep sea fishing. So after crunching some numbers and realizing I in no way had the money to go. I jumped in my car and headed out lol. Of course the gods would try to make me turn around by having a tire separate on my way there. But Im smarter then that and was pulled over when it blew out. After gettin eatin alive by mosquito's and wasting about 20 mins changing the tire. Which is a PITA when you have a lowered car and a flat tire, the jack stand doesnt fit under the car very well. Well once I arrived we headed out to the bar for some food, drinks, and watch drunk people dance haha. Got up at 6am after going to bed around 1-2 and headed out for the charter boat. Boat left around 710am we cruised about 60 miles out into the gulf, which was quite clean and very nice. Well as soon as we stopped to start catching some live bait for the big boys later I soon realized I was not cut out to be in a boat rocking on the water. I like to say I was helping everyone else by chumming the water for em hahaha. I spent the whole trip in the cabin layin on my side with my eyes closed. I was soooo sea sick I couldnt move. Tried to get up a couple of times to see if I could do it, but I didnt last more then about 2-3 mins before I had to lay down or do some more chumin. I swear it still feels like im on that damn boat. But over all a good trip. Everyone else caught a total of 320lbs of fish. I have enough fish in my freezer to feed a small army, or Bloat for a week LOL. That is all, just thought Id share my last min fishing trip that taught me never to leave land again HAHA
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Post by Flutter »

Sounds like fun. I went out jigging and deep sea fishing as a child. I have a lot of family on the East coast and most are either fishermen or work in a fish factory.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I get violently ill in the water. Actually, with any movement, except when I drive a car or ride my own motorcycle. Not much fun being a scuba diver but Dramamine helps a ton! I can even go on amusement rides again.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

I took to dramamine like meds before I left, didnt do a thing for me lol
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
soggydrysuit
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 2x T.fluviatilis
1x C. irrubesco
2 x T. nigroviridis
1 x T. ocellatus
Current non-puffers:

Enough for people to think I'm a loonie :-)
Location (country): UK

Post by soggydrysuit »

I'm fortunate not to get seasick except when I swallow too much seawater from spray and the boat is beam rolling because it's drifting. Took my dad out seafishing off of Cornwall, UK, just the once - he never got in a boat again!

I'd really like my own RIB at some point when finances allow - I got my powerboat license just before I got married instead of a stag party. Ended up doing donuts in a RIB in the fish quay at Newcastle, UK surrounded by about ten million pounds worth of commercial fishing boats that I could have collided with. Fun, but scary :lol: