ACA convention is NEXT WEEK, Milw!

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

ACA convention is NEXT WEEK, Milw!

Post by Myaj »

If any of you were still interested in a summer get together, the American Cichlid Assn's annual convention is NEXT WEEK, the 22-25th, in Oconomowoc, WI. Its right about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. http://www.aca2010.com

I'm not sure yet what my work schedule is, with this ankle injury my doc doesn't let me know until the morning of my first day back to work if I'm going back to work or not, but I will be staffing the convention most days.. Fri-Sunday for sure. So if you come into town, let me know!

I'm going out of town for the weekend and will be back Monday, so I won't be around to answer questions, sorry!

Amy
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Re: ACA convention is NEXT WEEK, Milw!

Post by Myaj »

Ohhh and I have blisters on me fingers!

Filled several hundred fish tanks yesterday, and hooked up lots of airline tubing.. LOTS of airline tubing.

Its scary how much work and planning goes into setting up this many tanks in a hotel! The club already has several display tanks set up, including a HUGE 300 gallon tank with overflows that I'm drooling over. They will be silent auctioning the tanks off I believe.. darn, I was hoping I could just buy $10 worth of raffle tickets and maybe get lucky and come home with the 300 gal ;)

Can't wait for Friday, most of the people/fish will be here by then and its the day of the "aquarium factory" tour, it will be pretty cool to see how tanks are mass produced.

If anyone does come down.. I'll be there most of the time through Sunday.. just look for the girl on the crutches with a big old robo-cop looking boot. Turns out the "minor injury" I've been walking on and doing all kinds of strengthening work on is actually a severely fractured bone. Nice, huh?
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Re: ACA convention is NEXT WEEK, Milw!

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Have fun! I'm working all week. Hope you feel better soon.
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!