Don't trust bank of america!

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
SammyDee
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 55g (2) GSP, (2) Maroon Clownfish, (1) blue damsel, And some soft corals and 1 Nem
45g FW community
20g snail and shrimp breeding tank for puffers
Location (country): USA USA USA USA

Re: Don't trust bank of america!

Post by SammyDee »

Screw all big banks. Support your local credit Union. Theyll give u 10x the perks a big bank ever could. And discounts on insurance. Big banks are fraudulent every possible way.
"DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU'L DIE TODAY' -JAMES DEAN
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

J-P wrote: I didn't know that TD had branched into the USA .. I knew they had their "Waterhouse" division that dealt with international brokers .. but having a Canadian bank invade the USA is a little unheard of until now.
it was called Commerce Bank, then it merged or TD bought them out not sure exactly, and now as of almost a year ago the name switched to TD Bank. didnt know they were a canadian bank. Commerce Banks were all over the place, very popular, and now TD is everywhere instead.
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Ohyouknow wrote:I hate banks.

I currently have a checking account for one purpose - and that is because it is required to pay my car insurance. The company I deal with only accepts payments through electronic banking. I keep $5 in my account, and each month I place the payment amount in my account prior to the bill being due. Other than that, I don't use bank accounts. More often than not, all other accounts I have kept have just found ways to weasel me out of my money (fees, monthly charges, charges to use ATMs, or bank cards...)It's my money, and I intend to keep every penny, not to let someone else nickel and dime me.
I use United Bank. I've never had fees other than overdraft (my fault for not balancing my checkbook), and they don't charge if I get it fixed quickly. I have a plain old charge-free checking account. I paid for a box of checkbooks, and it's lasted me... three years so far, and I've only used a book and a half out of five. I usually use my debit card, which I didn't have to pay for. I love being able to use PayPal and shop at online stores and sell my textbooks on Amazon.
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Post by Flutter »

TD is Toronto Dominion :lol: I bank with PC because they don't charge anything and I also bank with TD as I have a joint account with my parents. Because I'm a student they don't charge service fees. You can bet I will not continue with them once I'm done school though. I don't agree with them charging me money to use my money to make their own money.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin