Search found 12 matches
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Ah ha, I'm getting there slowly! Thanks.
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Is zero represented as 1.000 on the SG scale of things then because if FW was 0.000 and brackish for my F8 is 1.004 then that seems like quite a big difference (especially as it has been said that you should only increase the salinity by 0.002 at a time). Just trying to get my head around this? Apol...
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Yeh I have been looking at a Tetratec Hydrometer on ebay, looks like a swing arm type of one.
BTW, what is the SG of freshwater?
BTW, what is the SG of freshwater?
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:36 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Wow, salt is expensive, but I assume brackish uses a lot less salt than marine. Will look at getting a nice little setup for my new F8 buddy!
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Thanks pufferpuggirl, I'm trying to sort it asap.
Thanks for the link pufferpunk, very useful. I have added it to my favourites.
Any recommendations on which salt to use?
Thanks for the link pufferpunk, very useful. I have added it to my favourites.
Any recommendations on which salt to use?
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Hopefully the nitrogen cycle will sort itself out again shortly.
As for my F8 needing BW, any advice on this setup would be appreciated.
As for my F8 needing BW, any advice on this setup would be appreciated.
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Hi!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1417
Re: Hi!
To be fair they did not say how long they had/have live for in the freshwater. So if my F8 would be better on BW, are their any links explaining creating a brackish setup please? ie, which salt to use and how much per litre, suitable plants, etc... BW is new to me as of now so any info would be appr...
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:41 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
Re: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Sorry, forgot to reply on the cycling bit. My filter has been up an running for about 4 months now, starting off in a cichlid tank (also with an external filter), then into the current tank with 2 plecos for about a month before adding the other fish a few at a time. I have recently rescaped the tan...
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Hi!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1417
Re: Hi!
I have been reading up on my F8 but have got mixed answers as other sites say that the F8 can be kept happily in a freshwater tank and the one in question has done so for several months. I am trying to reduce my number of tanks as had 2 tanks plus a divided fry/quarantine tank, however I could keep ...
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Hi!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1417
Re: Hi!
Thanks for the welcome.
I have the following fish in my community tank:
2 x 6" Common Pleco
2 x Sucking Loach
7 x Neon Tetra
3 x Guppy
1 x Ghost Knife Fish
1 x Figure 8 Puffer
3 x Ghost shrimp which were puffer food, but have setted in nicely as my puffer hasn't eaten them (yet).
I have the following fish in my community tank:
2 x 6" Common Pleco
2 x Sucking Loach
7 x Neon Tetra
3 x Guppy
1 x Ghost Knife Fish
1 x Figure 8 Puffer
3 x Ghost shrimp which were puffer food, but have setted in nicely as my puffer hasn't eaten them (yet).
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
- Replies: 21
- Views: 1942
New F8 puffer doesn't seem well
Ok my tank details are as follows: SETUP: 48" x 18" x 12" 160 litre freshwater tank, Fluval U5 internal filter, C02 diffuser, Sand and Slate substrate, Bogwood and Selection of plants. FISH: 2 x 6" Common Pleco, 1 x Ghost Knife Fish, 2 x Sucking Loach, 7 X Neon Tetra, 3 x Guppy, ...
- Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:14 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Hi!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1417
Hi!
Hi, I'm Andy and have recently aquired a F8 puffer. I have this in a 160 litre community tank and it seems to be getting on well at the moment! As with all my fish I like to know how to care for them, hense joining the forum. So get ready for me asking loads of questions, starting... NOW! Thanks.