Search found 22 matches
- Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:50 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
I need some help. I do want to move him to saltwater. I find him curled and black on bottom, or hugging at the top against heater or swimming perimeter but black on his bottom. And test ammonia find it to be .05 and do a water change. Not more than a day or so later same thing. Yesterday I did a 50%...
- Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:39 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Yes. Actually saltwater if he likes it over time. I’m dedicated to this fella. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned about puffers. I’m hooked financially and emotionally. Any advice is appreciated. Hope you don’t mind me asking so many questions.
- Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:49 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
we learned that the hard way. totally agree. in a 40gal tank with the existing filter adding a 2nd filter should it be a fluval u2 (for a 12-30gal) or u3 (up to 30)? is more filter better? Also just to confirm food. He is on freeze dried bloodworms in AM, then a few live small pest snails (1-2) in a...
- Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:17 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Had idea. Keep cover so he can’t get out but since there isn’t a second opening get a fluval u2 as second filter and return one I bought. Fluval u2 or u3 as 2nd filter.??? Had sorry for you. Went to aquarium place this weekend and I knew answer but asked if they had puffers They did then asked if it...
- Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:26 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Sorry to bother you. Question... I bought the 2nd filter for the 40gal tank and just realized there isnt an opening for it on the other side of the top. Can I go without a tank top or will the GSP take an opportunity to jump out of tank? What options have folks used to cover tanks outside of a tank ...
- Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Tap water is 0. I only did Ammonia this afternoon to see if it rose from 0.25 yesterday and it was the same. I just did 50% water change and he is acting more normal and pooped. Can i do water check now or should I wait? I can do all readings if you think now or if I should wait. Also did add Prime ...
- Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:37 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Having issue again. OMG. His gills are open wide, his sides are grey, he sometimes does this twitch and goes sideways or upside down like he ran into something or is tangled but nothing is there. And sometimes one side flipper not moving other times it is. It isnt all the time. He ate this morning f...
- Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
I moved him to larger tank. Before I did a 25% water change given I has .025 ammonia the other day. Just checked ammonia again after water change in new larger tank and it’s still 0.25. Checked tap water and it was 0. All that is in tank is plastic plants, argonite, plastic pots to hide in. I added ...
- Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
No I didn’t move anything over. Larger tank is the Argonite, some larger rocks and fake plants. Fish is still in smaller tank. Smaller tank had gravel so didn’t move that over. I didn’t want to move fish over till I confirmed with you having 0.25 ammonia surprised me also. I would think 0 but it was...
- Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Hello! I finally got the Argonite sand delivered, cleaned it and setup the larger tank. The water is still a bit overcast (for lack of a better word) but you can see the back of the tank. I tested the Ammonia and it read 0.25 I did use the prime and safestart. I know this is new tank syndrome. Shoul...
- Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
I really appreciate your help. I can’t say that enough. Did ammonia and nitrate test. Ammonia was 1.0 and nitrate 0
Did a 80% water change.
I’m at the point I’m just going to move him to the larger tank and add sand later unless you think keep checking ammonia and give FedEx a few more days!
Did a 80% water change.
I’m at the point I’m just going to move him to the larger tank and add sand later unless you think keep checking ammonia and give FedEx a few more days!
- Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:37 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Quick question. my order for the sand is still in route from FedEx. Is there a difference or preference between CaribSea Aragonite Aquarium Reef Sand and Aragonite Aragamax Oolite Aquarium Substrate? I ordered the CaribSea Aragonite Aquarium Reef Sand but the order from FedEx was due yesterday but n...
- Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:14 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
The sand hasn’t arrived but when it does I will wash wash wash it. Question is it better to have GSP transition to brackish in the smaller tank (less water to remove overall from 8gal) than to create a freshwater 40gal. Get him in smaller tank to brackish then move to 40 which would be brackish alre...
- Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:35 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
Up the sand hasn’t arrived yet. It should be here this week. Question. Should I setup the 40gal as freshwater use the water still in 8gal he currently has and add onto of that to make up the 40gal. Or should I keep him in the smaller tank and move him to brackish in that then have larger tank alread...
- Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:30 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
- Replies: 40
- Views: 12871
Re: Not what I expected. New to GSP. Need to move to brackish water
I did that and he is doing great. I didn’t see your email until now so I didn’t move the water over or setup 40gal yet. Only had an hour to get home do water replacement and get back. Friend is really sick still from surgery. I will use next water change to repurpose water. I have gravel like you ge...