Search found 3 matches
- Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:05 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: First time aquarist with some questions
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1149
Re: First time aquarist with some questions
Never going back to that pet store again because after reading that article they clearly don't know what they're talking about. I'll give all the others to a friend with a spare tank (well established) until the water is clear from the toxins. Thank you again for the help!
- Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: First time aquarist with some questions
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1149
Re: First time aquarist with some questions
Thank you, that's why I'm here!
And I was told by one of my local pet stores that daily water changes of 10-15 percent can keep ammonia and nitrite levels down while the filter builds up necessary nitryifying bacteria.
& thank you for those links too
And I was told by one of my local pet stores that daily water changes of 10-15 percent can keep ammonia and nitrite levels down while the filter builds up necessary nitryifying bacteria.
& thank you for those links too
- Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: First time aquarist with some questions
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1149
First time aquarist with some questions
Hey everyone, a few questions about a new 29 gallon tank with a juvenile figure 8 as the main attraction. I started the tank about a week ago. First off, in addition to the puffer I have 5 mature gold barbs, 5 matured rhombo barbs & a common pleco. I also had a ropefish, but the figure 8 nipped ...