Search found 5 matches

by Rodger
Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Mbu with health problems
Replies: 6
Views: 1197

Re: Mbu with health problems

Pufferpunk wrote:Soak human shrimp in the meds & garlic. You can inject live worms with the medicated water. Ask your vet for a syringe.
Thanks, that is a great idea! I have insulin syringes, so that is an easy one to go and do right now!
by Rodger
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Mbu with health problems
Replies: 6
Views: 1197

Re: Mbu with health problems

bertie 83 wrote:Also try soaking his food in some garlic to entice him to eat. He is in a 40g tank?
I have tried soaking the FD krill in it. Didn't help.
by Rodger
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Mbu with health problems
Replies: 6
Views: 1197

Re: Mbu with health problems

Pufferpunk wrote:Did you treat his food with the meds? Try live earthworms to entice him.
Not sure how you treat crawdads, snails and cut fish with meds. Or worms. He only nibbles at FD krill.
by Rodger
Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:51 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Mbu with health problems
Replies: 6
Views: 1197

Mbu with health problems

Hi everyone Water: 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 20 Nitrates, Kh 120, Ph around 7.8 40B with a tigrinus 20% water change daily Temp 80F Has been set up about 2 years with changing inhabitants. This is my 2nd Mbu. The first came in with parasites that I just couldn't shake. It lingered about a year. I got a...
by Rodger
Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Kansas City
Replies: 1
Views: 715

Hello from Kansas City

Hi everyone..... My wife and I love our puffers. A Fahaka in a 150 show that is heavily planted. And a new baby Mbu, about 4 inches. Hard to get the Mbu to eat. I plan on getting an Abei one of these days and who knows what will happen after that. Thanks for letting me join so that I can annoy you w...