Search found 9 matches

by IbanezRG
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:59 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Virginia!
Replies: 10
Views: 1683

Re: Hello from Virginia!

Thanks everyone! I know they will probably not get along later but it's nice to hope. lol
At least pictures last :)
Here is the DFP trying to get the shrimp to clean him today but the shrimp wasn't interested. Either that or he is hoping by opening his mouth the shrimp will jump right in. :)
by IbanezRG
Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:31 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Virginia!
Replies: 10
Views: 1683

Re: Hello from Virginia!

Thanks Welch and Hadla! Just so everyone knows I am trying trying to have an invert massacre in my tank. :) It was originally going to be a reef tank so I wasn't going to get a puffer even though I always wanted one. The tank had been cycled and had a cleanup crew in it for a week or two. A local LF...
by IbanezRG
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:45 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Virginia!
Replies: 10
Views: 1683

Re: Hello from Virginia!

Well, I will definitely chalk it up to owner negligence. When I got him the only thing he would eat is krill. I didn't know it was bad for them. He wouldn't touch the frozen shrimp that my PP would eat. Once you pointed me in the direction of lock jaw, I removed the krill from his diet. I tested a ...
by IbanezRG
Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:25 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Virginia!
Replies: 10
Views: 1683

Re: Hello from Virginia!

Well, I will definitely chalk it up to owner negligence. When I got him the only thing he would eat is krill. I didn't know it was bad for them. He wouldn't touch the frozen shrimp that my PP would eat. Once you pointed me in the direction of lock jaw, I removed the krill from his diet. I tested a c...
by IbanezRG
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:58 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello from Virginia!
Replies: 10
Views: 1683

Hello from Virginia!

Hey everyone, I have been lurking the forum for awhile and finally had to post because one of my puffers was sick. Pufferpunk pinpointed the issue and he is better now. I have 2 puffers, a DFP (Mr Ed) and a PP (Puffy). They are in a 120 FOWLR. I actually got lucky and both puffers are pretty passive...
by IbanezRG
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:46 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)
Replies: 5
Views: 1003

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Hey Pufferpunk,
I was going to send you a PM but I guess am too new so I wanted to say thank you again. Looks like it was caught soon enough, he has actually recovered and closed his mouth. I very much appreciated your advice. Tim
by IbanezRG
Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:01 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)
Replies: 5
Views: 1003

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Thanks again. So far he is still eating and has a little movement so I am going to monitor him. Tim
by IbanezRG
Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)
Replies: 5
Views: 1003

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Many thanks Pufferpunk! That is exactly what it looks like and he was eating krill. He's been eating other things so I will make sure he gets more and I also have some additives. Thanks again! Tim
by IbanezRG
Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)
Replies: 5
Views: 1003

Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Hi everyone, I have been reading this board for a little while. Great information and nice people. I hate for this to be my first post but I really need some advice on my Dogface. I ordered him online in Dec and when he arrived he had a gap in his upper beak. I thought it would grow back but I think...