-jo
Search found 5 matches
- Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:17 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: New dwarf puffers not eating...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1483
Re: New dwarf puffers not eating...
Well, let's just say that live food brings out a whole other side to them! I found some blackworms at a LFS while waiting for my online order. They went puffer psycho on them
Hoping to maintain a blackworm mini farm to keep their bellies full.
-jo
-jo
- Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: New dwarf puffers not eating...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1483
Re: New dwarf puffers not eating...
Thanks, will do. I have some Garlic Guard in the mean time. Two of them snatched up a couple of thawed frozen bloodworms soaked in it. I have some blackworms on order from www.aquaticfoods.com heading their way. If it's not moving, they lose interest pretty quickly. Picky little buggers!!
Jo
Jo
- Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: New dwarf puffers not eating...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1483
Re: New dwarf puffers not eating...
Bellies are about the same as when they arrived. Tonight they are pacing up and down the glass at their reflections. I feed only 1-2 bloodworms per DP at a time and can pretty much count that they are still there in the morning. It's possible they are getting little bites of the snails, but they've ...
- Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: New dwarf puffers not eating...
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1483
New dwarf puffers not eating...
Hi... I recently purchased 4 dwarf puffers and have them in a 10 gallon quarantine tank. It is an established tank, heavily planted. They appear to be 3 females and 1 male. I've had them 2 days now, and haven't seen them eat anything. I've offered frozen/thawed bloodworms, free dried bloodworms, fre...
- Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: HiHi!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 776
HiHi!
Thanks for letting me join your group! I currently have one female DP in a 5 gal planted Fluval Spec V. Fell in love with her. Now I have a 30 gal cycling so I can have a community of them( 6-7 total) in the not too distant future. Still in the learning phase, but excited to be here :) I also have 2...