Search found 14 matches
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:51 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
The only reason I haven't set up the larger tank yet is because we are renovating and out plan is to build the tank into the wall that seperates the kitchen and living room so you can see it from both sides. This will be done in a month but I can't set up the tank until it's in place otherwise I wou...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
PP. I have another 20 gallon tank up and going right now as freshwater for snail breeding and to quarantine the ghost shrimp. Do you think it would be better to raise the salinity to the same level and put Sandy in the separate tank? I would hate to separate them because they seem like they really a...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
I used the filter from another tank with fish that I had and then I put some live plants and live sand in the tank. I never had an experience with these fish or brackish water at all. The lady at the lfs lied to my husband and told him that they were dwarf puffers and that they were pretty much the ...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
Thanks Bertie! I do want to go to full marine once I move them to the bigger tank. I have heard different views but some people I have talked to tell me that marine is easier to take care of than fresh water. I find that using the crushed coral and weekly water changes makes it so I don't have to us...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 pm
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
Do they sleep often? It seems like when I first got them, they never slept and within the last couple of weeks they started doing this. Is it that they are just more comfortable in their home? The tank is heavily planted with a lot of hiding places and sometimes it takes a while for me to find where...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 am
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
Re: One Green Spotted Sick?
Also, they really seem to love eachother and when Sandy is laying down at the bottom of the tank, Bob will go down and kind of snuggle with her. I don't want anything to happen to Sandy because while it will not only break my heart, I feel like it might also break Bob's heart too and he would die th...
- Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:37 am
- Forum: Hospital
- Topic: One Green Spotted Sick?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2077
One Green Spotted Sick?
Hi everyone! I have two green spotted puffer fish, Sandy and Bob. They are about 1.25-1.5 inches each in a heavily planted 20 gallon tank (I know it's too small but I have about another month to go on the renovations in my house before I can move them to the 75 gallon tank). The salinity is .10, the...
- Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
Aha! I downsized my profile pic on some internet site. Also, I posted a bunch of pics to my album in the gallery. One of them is from the first day we got them and I had them in that tiny spongebob tank because I didn't know better. The day after we got them I went and go the ten gallon tank which t...
- Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:31 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
Thank you everyone! I do love animals, they know only love and do not understand bad things like revenge or hatred, they are just loving and awesome. I tried to make Sandy and Bob my profile pic on here but it says that my pic is too large. I don't know how to post pics in the forum but if someone c...
- Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
PufferPunk, I know! That's why it broke my heart. Never one did I think that taking them back there was ever an option, I just resigned myself to the fact that my little babies are going to cost a little more money keeping up than I originally had thought. I'm just worried because I have NO experien...
- Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 am
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
PufferMe, I just really appreciate your help. Like I said I'm wiling to do whatever I can to keep them happy and healthy. They quickly stole my heart! I just in no way want to take them back to that fish store we got them at so they can throw them back in a disgusting freshwater (disgusting because ...
- Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
Thank you so much PufferMe! Thankfully the tank that I originally put them in for one day before doing the research when they came home was a fully cycled freshwater two gallon tank. When I moved them into the ten gallon tank I put all of the two gallons that they were in which was the cycled water,...
- Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Re: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
Also I would like to note that my salinity, nitrate, nitrite and pH are all within range for a healthy puffer. The Alkalinity is at 120, which I understand is low, but how low? And also, how can I raise the alkalinity in the tank without hurting the fish?
- Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm
- Forum: Brackish Puffers
- Topic: Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5398
Info on the Green Spotted Puffer
Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie and obviously I'm new. First of all my computer skills are lacking when it comes to anything besides google, email and facebook so I'm sorry if I am doing this wrong and if someone tells me the right way to do this, I wont be offended. Herr is my situation: a little...