Search found 5 matches

by griego
Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello, new here
Replies: 16
Views: 1801

Re: Hello, new here

Ok, the itch might not be gone. But they look free of it now... I hope it stays that way. Bringing it back to the store might look like this: fish tank as small as the one they are in now, complete fresh water, being bought by a guy who keeps them in a 2 gallon tank and kills them in the next 2 week...
by griego
Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello, new here
Replies: 16
Views: 1801

Re: Hello, new here

Hi, thanks on the info. But it puzzles me. I have added 2 teaspoons of seasalt( 97 % NaCl) after replacing the complete gravel floor with quartzsand.( Trying to get rid of possible sunken pathogens on the bottom floor.) So not 4 as recommended but i prefer save and slow. Polishpuff, I don't get your...
by griego
Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello, new here
Replies: 16
Views: 1801

Re: Hello, new here

Hi, I increased the temperature to 29°C, both of them are now spot free!!! I didn't use the salt method, I still wanted to but scared of changing the parameters to much without measuring. I went to 7 shops already and none of them sells saltwater equipement or salt. Is there a way to measure the SG ...
by griego
Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:00 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello, new here
Replies: 16
Views: 1801

Re: Hello, new here

Hi, thank you very much for all this information! It was very interesting to read. Some new questions popped up. The fishstores in the region i live are very amateuristic and the people don't know anything. I saw some snails in the plant tank in the shop but they refuse to sell them because they tel...
by griego
Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:36 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hello, new here
Replies: 16
Views: 1801

Hello, new here

Hi, I m new on the forum. I'm in the Baltics. I just bought two new fish. In the shop they where advertised as tetraodon schoutedeni. I have no clue if this is correct. Please if somebody can determine what they are. Second I noticed very little white dots on the fish. I hope it's not a disease. I s...