Search found 11 matches
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:27 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Yeah! love big tanks, love big plans and love big fish! Good luck with the new house 
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:37 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Heee! Nice! Just googled it, 7 x 3 will make a more than nice home for him..
I would get iron free (opti-white or starphire) glass on the viewing pane on a tank that size.. or it will look green when you look from the side rather than from the front. Very cool and sparkles!
I would get iron free (opti-white or starphire) glass on the viewing pane on a tank that size.. or it will look green when you look from the side rather than from the front. Very cool and sparkles!
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:12 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Fahaka?... I'm not great with puffer knowledge, hence why I came to this forum for info.. renouned for being the best place for all things puffer... Is that a brackish puffer or freshwater? Love the smile on your puffers face by the way, I am now a total convert and well glad I made the jump... clea...
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Nice! I went to Brighton once. Got very drunk and had lots of fun! Yes, it's a custom build, built by Seabray. The tank was built on site, because it would not go through the door. In total including the £700 'on site build cost build fee' it was £3,500. The whole system probably cost about 10K, but...
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Thanks!
I live in Cheddar, Somerset. 30 mins south of Bristol
- Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Hello all again, thank you for the the 'mentor' complement, but like Pufferpunk says, my life/ workstyle means I can't be around all the time, although I would like to be. It's hard enough with WWM! It's been a couple of weeks, I've been busy with life, mostly of the work kind. Someone asked me to d...
- Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Just took this on my phone.. best I can do right now, and only the blues are on this time of night (it's 10pm here in England!)
Not a great shot, but he's a looker for sure! The fish in the front is a Cheilinus fasciatus.
I'll have another go at the weekend!
Not a great shot, but he's a looker for sure! The fish in the front is a Cheilinus fasciatus.
I'll have another go at the weekend!
- Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:28 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Thank you both (all!), and hello Marco! I have a Snowflake Moray as well, but I always intended to have one of those so I constructed a network of tunnels out of 1.5 inch pipework hidden all around the back of the reefscape before I did the rockwork - he's about 18 inches long now and a real beauty....
- Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Heee! A fellow (ex)wetwebber! My Speciality is general reef stuff - Corals, setup, maintenance, parasite control/ quarantine/ lighting - pretty much most things reef except small fishes which I am hopeless at! I really can't tell people what species one small wrasse is over another, but ask me about...
- Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Hi - is it Jeni? I have read a lot of your posts on WWM over the years! Yes I'm sure it is a liturosus - he's got short spines on the head. I originally thought it was a holocanthus. Schoolboy error, but I would have taken him anyway, since he was free and needed a home. I was wondering/ worried how...
- Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:24 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: Diodon Liturosus
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2586
Diodon Liturosus
Hello All, how are we today? My name is Simon Trippick, and I have been keeping fishes for many years, both marine and tropical. I am a current wetwebmedia crewmember and am answering questions for Bob whenever I can, which sometimes is a lot, and sometimes is not! I have joined today because I am n...