Search found 8 matches

by Tweetie-pie
Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:57 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

I'm not sure but it was probably 1-2 minutes before I thought enough & pulled him out.I don't think I had used enough oil as he never turned over & his breathing was good..where the instructions said 3 drops & within 60 sec. he would turn over..which he didn't so I waited a bit more afte...
by Tweetie-pie
Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:42 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

I know this will sound kind of dumb but whenever I would come to his tank & called his name,he would come from where ever he was & get all excited to see me.He'd show his teeth & shake his butt at me.He has always had a mirror set up at one end of his tank & would spend time chasing ...
by Tweetie-pie
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

I think Tweetie has some brain damage....I feel so very guilty ....but I was trying to help him.That's what happens when you don't have the funds to take him to a vet & pay the hundreds of dollars to get it done right.It's hard when you're on a limited budget like Disability.It really sucks that...
by Tweetie-pie
Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

What Video??? Is it about trimming??
by Tweetie-pie
Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

Well I trimmed Tweetie teeth yesterday...with Clove oil..now that was scary.I guess I didn't put enough Clove Oil in the water as it took a long time beforeI could trim him,finally I thought enough & trimmed him when he was hardly breathing..unfortunately I missed one side of his lower teeth a b...
by Tweetie-pie
Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

That is in the works...I have a few in my 2 other tanks.I was also told that I could try putting bloodworms on a piece of coral then letting the bloodworms dry on it so when he goes to eat then he will have to work at it which should help his teeth.I hope. I bought the clippers..smallest ones I coul...
by Tweetie-pie
Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.I have a feeling I can do this as long as I prepare for it.It has to feel right before I will do anything.I'll make sure the counter height is correct & everything in easy reach.I will wait until I hear back from the vet with a price though.....
by Tweetie-pie
Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Trimming teeth
Replies: 29
Views: 3051

Re: Trimming teeth

Hi I'm new here but have a Figure 8 Puffer Tweetie whose teeth have grown so long that he can only eat (I hope) plankton & bloodworms...sort of...they get stuck in his teeth.I have phoned all over & looked on the Internet which I'm not that great at.I live in BC after calling my koi guy who ...