Search found 10 matches

by jamnmom
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

OK all... I am getting ready to test the water and do another water change. I have the blood worms soaking in the vitamin supplement and will give that to them right after the water change. I am also going to take the one of the filter media's and put it in the 29g to get the cycling started on it. ...
by jamnmom
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

LOL.. Yum... :P They were so good!

You guys crack me up! :)
by jamnmom
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

Tested this morning and the results were pH - 7.4 Ammonia - 0 ppm Nitrate - 40 ppm Nitrite - 0 ppm Salinity - 6 ppt SG - 1.005 Going to do another water change this evening and will check the paremeters again. I read the article you posted for me Trekenk and I am starting the cycle process on it. I ...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

OK.. I gave her some blood worms this morning and checked on her again when I got home. She was acting better, but I am still going to transfer Google and her sidekick(other GSP) to a bigger tank and leave the Spot (F8P) in the 25g high. I tested the water with an API liquid test kits and here are t...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

Pufferpunk, I just wanted to let you know that I read the thread for Fish_are_friends (Giggles). I did as you suggested and read all articles posted twice and have printed them out along with other forum posts and . To follow Giggles example, I am also going to start a log book of my weekly paramete...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

Trekenk, I did read the link. Thank you for posting it for me. It has helped me understand the process better and will do that once I can get her back on the mend. You are right, when you are looking at her the tooth on the right is the one linger than it needs to be. Dadof, I have a 70g filter on i...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

Google still eats just not as much as she used to, which was another reason I am so worried.
DSCN0455-1.JPG
When feeding the clams on a half shell, do I just drop the whole half shell in? I haven't done that before.
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

I will get the liquid test kit tomorrow and post the findings. I have another tank that I can transfer the F8P to, what size tank would it need? So, the rule for GSP is 30-35g per puffer? AM i understanding that correctly? I just want to make sure I get the right size tank for them. I really want th...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Re: Hello from Oklahoma, United States

Trekenk, Thank you for the reply. I am sorry for having posted this in the wrong forum. I am new to this sort of thing and it took me several minutes to even figure out how to post. 1. I will post these parameters tomorrow. I ran out of test stripes yesterday and was not able to get the store today ...
by jamnmom
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:42 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Hello from Oklahoma, United States
Replies: 25
Views: 2757

Hello from Oklahoma, United States

I am new to the forum and am quite frankly in need of some help. I have a GSP that is really dark on her belly and it basically sitting on the bottom of the tank. Her BW level is 1.005 and I am slowly bringing it up to 1.010 but am unsure how long of a period I should spread it out over. I am really...