Hey from North Carolina USA!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
mrnmrskyle
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Hey from North Carolina USA!

Post by mrnmrskyle »

Hey,
Well, I have just recently gotten into puffers due to always having a full reef tank. I realized now, man reefing is way hard work (took me year to figure this out lol). I have a 100 gallon shallow reef tank 6ftx2ftx14in. The tank was org. a 180 and the acrylic front on it blew out. (luckily on my back porch when i test watered it from the previous owner) My puffers are a blue spot, stars and stripes and my burr puffer. The Burr being the biggest at about 3 inches and the other two are closer to 2 inches. My tank has t5 lighting so that I can still grow leathers, toadstools, xenia, anthelia and kenya trees. lol. I have an ASM G 3 Skimmer, and a 75 gallon sump, 2 filter socks, external awaikia (spelling? For the $400 price tag I should be able to spell it backwards lol) There is probably 40 pounds of rock in the sump. There is also a seperate compartment I built from excess acrylic in the sump that amounts to a 15 gallon refugium filled with multiple algaes, pods, and rock rubble.

This pic is before the puffers and other fish, just some clowns in there (maybe chromis... can't remember if they were at this time)
puffykid
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Madison, WI

Re: Hey from North Carolina USA!

Post by puffykid »

I like it. Once I stop moving around I want to try this out.
1 M. Turgidus - 29 gallon
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Your pic is too big to fit on my screen.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
nphilli31
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 3 Green Spotted Puffers

Post by nphilli31 »

Nice set up. bet they will be happy in there! :-D
So many water changes, so little time.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Welcome to the forum, nice looking tank. Remember puffers can jump and need lots of room to swim, even more so if you have mixed puffers and wish to avoid conflict.
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
mrnmrskyle
Puffer Fry

Post by mrnmrskyle »

thanks everyone, i will be making net lids to go between the top braces... right now they are all so tiny that I will have a while before I need to upgrade... seeing as the tank was ORIGANLLY a lot bigger it kind of sucks, but hopefully I will be able to upgrade to a 210 or maybe even an 8 ft 300 once the time comes... i had a 350 I was looking at after this tank exploded but I had already spent soo much money ordering acrylic to fix it and all the stand molding I just couldn't see it... but someday