hi from canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
seem
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Quebec, canada

hi from canada

Post by seem »

Hi, I'm a new comer to the puffer world.

I've inherited a female red eye puffer when I bought a 20gallon tank.

She's sharing the tank with 10 mixed cory and a l048 pleco all or wich will go in a ip gallon tank when I'm done reconfiguring it. The pufferwill stay in the 20 wich will become heavily planted in the next couple of week when my lfs receive my order

Thank you
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: hi from canada

Post by bertie 83 »

Welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Post by Flutter »

Welcome :)
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
seem
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Quebec, canada

Post by seem »

Well it look like my time in the puffer world is over after 2 week.

this morning i woke up and look at the tank from a distance and can't see the little puffer waiting for her food.

as i approach i see the pleco not hiding and laying there. little pinch to the heart as i accelerate toward the tank. i open the top the pleco doesn't move a fin. This is when it hit me i can'T hear the sound of the hob waterfall. I look at the back no water in the filter.

I wake up my girlfriend and tell her to test the ammonia level while i start doing a massive water change (at this point i have removed the pleco who was 6 inch at the time of his death.)

I accidently move one of my moss ball under wich the puffer usually hide. and bam there I see here lying on her side colorless and life less. i've transfered her to a small beta style tank with a sponge filter to see if she would wake up. it has been 2 hour and she still haven'T moved.

I will get another one late when all the cory have moved to the other tank and the 20 gallon is turned in a puffer only tank with a lot more plant and hiding place

thank you for all the info i have been able to collect form these forum
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Sorry to hear this. Equipment malfuntions are a fish keepers worst nightmare, feels like a punch to the heart when you realise something is not right.
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly