T5 Lighting Question

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

T5 Lighting Question

Post by Gooburz »

Ok so will be doing a 20 Gallong Long Nano reef set up. Didn't like the 29 Gal so i'm going to make that a QT tank or a mixing tank for water. Anyways I believe I have found the Lighting I'd like to use for the tank but wanted to know what you guys thought. Saw a brand Solarmax T5 dual bulb with moon lighting. I would be going with the 30" strip (dual bulb), I do NOT plan on keeping any corals, just going to be a fish only tank for the wife, no puffers :(.

I was happy to see my LFS pull one out and demo it and I do like how bright it is.

Would this Lighting system be ample for the tank?
geronimo69
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer "tetraodon lineatus"
Location (country): Canada

Re: T5 Lighting Question

Post by geronimo69 »

If you aren't keeping any corals it will be plenty.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
Mark Twain
"Fish recognize a bad leader."
Conan O'Brien
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I agree but if you're not keeping corals, why are you calling it a "reef"? What are you going to keep in there? And why not go with the bigger tank?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

Post by Gooburz »

This is a tank for my wife, she wanted a smaller tank and she liked the 20L tank the most out of all of em. I personally would love to do some corals but at the time she just wants fish (clowns Gobys and a few other small colorful fish). When its all said and done within the next month it will have approx 25-30lbs of live rock and once cycled will add fish slowly. If it was me i'd be doing larger tank with corals and couple fish. but yea know gotta keep the wife happy and let her get what she wants :)