F8 died!!

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
F8 kid

F8 died!!

Post by F8 kid »

Hey guys this morning i went down stairs to check on my F8 (Richard) and he was sucked onto the filter died :( :(
I am not sure want happened i have noticed that the water was a little cloudy but i thought i was just from the water cycling still. He was a good puffer but vary picky on the food he eat... Anyways not sure if i am going to be getting another puffer or not.....
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Re: F8 died!!

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

He probably died due to the tank cycling. They shouldn't be in a tank until it's fully cycled for this reason. Sorry for your loss. If you decide to get another puffer get your tank cycled first.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by sgtmyers88 »

And make sure you have salinity at 1.005. get marine salt to mix in the water while you get your tank cycled. It sucks to loose a favored fish. :(
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Awww... so sorry. :( Are there any other fish in there now?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer

Don't raise it quicker than .02 per week though, or you will kill off all your needed bacteria.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
F8 kid

Post by F8 kid »

Pufferpunk wrote:Awww... so sorry. :( Are there any other fish in there now?
no he was the only one.. But i think i might get a rainbow wolf fish when my tank is cycled.. Today i am adding some tetras to help the cycling processes
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer

You should never use fish to cycle, it's cruel and animal abuse. Use the fishless cycling method.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

+1, please remove those fish! See our fishless method here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=28467
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

F8 kid

Post by F8 kid »

Nuclear_Glitter wrote:You should never use fish to cycle, it's cruel and animal abuse. Use the fishless cycling method.
Lmfao bro its fine they are tetras LOL they are food They dont have brains bro
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

She is not a bro & all fish feel pain & suffer. Ammonia/nitrite burns gills, eyes & skin. Not what we want to hear on a hobbyist forum! :tuttut:

Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer

I happen to disagree with that statement, and I am quite sure everyone else on this forum would, as well. I believe every animal, fish, or whatever doesn't deserve to be treated cruelly. This would be like locking you in a closet with ammonia poured all over and putting poison in that would slowly and painfully kill you.
F8 kid

Post by F8 kid »

Nuclear_Glitter wrote:I happen to disagree with that statement, and I am quite sure everyone else on this forum would, as well. I believe every animal, fish, or whatever doesn't deserve to be treated cruelly. This would be like locking you in a closet with ammonia poured all over and putting poison in that would slowly and painfully kill you.

Yeah it is sad and sucks for the fish but i am not the fish so how cares? :lol: :lol:
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer

Then you shouldn't own fish. If you can't care for something properly, no need to have it. You are going to become very unpopular around here, as everyone here takes care of their fish and makes sure they have the absolute best and pristine environment possible. No one can force you to care for things like you should, but you will have to deal with the karma that comes back at you for it. It is your choice, but it is a poor one and you should be ashamed of yourself for it.

Fish are still living creatures, and as their care taker you shouldn't be treating them as you are. You'd get arrested if you treated other animals in the same manner. Fish should be no different.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

No wonder your fish died... :( I'm afraid you aren't going to have much success in this hobby.

F8 kid

Post by F8 kid »

Pufferpunk wrote:No wonder your fish died... :( I'm afraid you aren't going to have much success in this hobby.
F you puffer punk... SMD bro 8)